1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Switching User Settings on Z2 - Problem.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Kane D Williams, Jan 13, 2004.

1. Kane D Williams

Kane D Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi there

Still messing with user settings (not even tried Factory or Service modes) and have noticed a strange thing and wondered if it was the same for others?

Sometimes, if I am in setting 1 that say has a Gamma setting of -3 and a brightness of 0 and I want to change to setting 2 with a Gamma of +5 and brightness of -8, the projector will switch to setting 2, but the picture changes will not occure? If I then go into the settings and switch the Gamma up a notch the changes appear (I then have to reduce the Gamma again by 1). If I then call up setting 1 again, the picture remais as setting 2 and I again have to go into the settings to kick the settings into effect. Has anyone else experienced this? I remember people where having similar problems in the service menu and that when they came out of it, the picture was not as it looked whilst still in service mode.

Cheers

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    it tends to do some funny thigns like this..... such as if you are in service and are adjusting the user things inbetween, it can suddenly jump looking nothing like it was previously and not recoverable by changing back to what you had..... very odd.

ad

3. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I've certainly experienced more than one "dammit, I just changed that I KNOW I did" when staring at settings as they were some minutes before .. the menu selection/switching is somewhat klunky at times I agree.

4. Kane D Williams

Kane D Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks guys. Does anyone know if Sanyo will bring out firmware updates and how they would be uploaded to the PJ? Also, I have found that some discs show a small black border to the picture and others don't. This has been mentioned in other threads, but I don't think it is a problem, I just think it has something to do with the mastering of certain discs?

5. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    We dont yet know about firmware updates, it is probably up to us (the owners) to make sanyo very aware of our problems and very aware that we want them fixed for us, not just new machines.

The black bordering seems to be a result of mastering though im not sure this is 100% of the problem. If you look at something like the older R2 bladerunner, there is a lot of this bordering. I have to admit I just software stretch to fit nowdays.

ad