1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Switching to SONY HS 50

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by EN, Dec 11, 2004.

1. EN

EN
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have SONY HS20.
    Can I simply switch to HS 50?
    I mean mounting, trowing distance, the height of the ceiling support?
    Thanx

2. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,008
    they are very close mate, screen on min zoom is no more than a few cms bigger bigger (literally). I had to use the lens shift a bit but it works a treat, although I may move the bracket anyway just to have things dead square. I was very surprised :)

3. juniper

juniper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Hi Steve - this may have been asked before, but I can't find it :blush: , and I've also tried downloading the US manual but for some reason the pdf is coming out blank :mad: - are the mounting holes in exactly the same place as the HS20, and also does the fact that the lens is set more to the left (or right if its upside down :D ) not affect things (i.e. does the extent that you can use horizontal lens shift not mean that you need any keystone adjustment? (not had lens shift before so not entirely sure if it does exactly what I think it will). Oh and finally are you using it at max throw (I have my HS20 at close to max at around 13.5ft for a 92" screen), and is this OK as far as not being "dim" as people (curse them!!) keep describing it as (particularly over at AVS).

Thanks in advance, sorry for all the questions, but it's all very exciting (oh yes, and I'm jealous!)

4. Tempest

Tempest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,256
    Ummm, am I missing something here ?

I thought the HS20 was long throw ( many wanted one but did not have big enough rooms to get a large enough image)

But the HS50 was short throw like the Pannie ones are....

?

5. juniper

juniper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    My use of "max" here is misleading re-reading my post (or just wrong :blush: ) - I have mine at minimum zoom which means that for my particular screen size I have it close to the "maximum" (which is where I was coming from) distance that I could have it from the screen. Having checked on pjcentral's calculator I reckon that 13.5ft will (just) work at 92" for the HS50. Am I making sense at all?