Switching to new bank account

JamesP1701

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm thinking of leaving Barclays and moving elsewhere. It's just a current account I need and ideally one that I don't have to pay for. Would also love a mobile banking app and something like Pingit would be good.

I wonder what peoples' thoughts may be on switching: customer service and ethical standards are priorities.

Bank of Scotland were always thinking of new ways to rip me off. There latest was the £1 a day overdraft. It doesnt sound much but when you maybe spend 20 days a month living in it aswell as paying £15 for an account which is meant to offer you loads of benefits but in reality you use none, then it adds up to over £400 a year.

I applied to the santander and although I got offered the account there was some sort of problem with my i.d which kept on holding it up, but nobody knew what was actually wrong. I cancelled that account, slowly cleared my overdraft with the bank of Scotland, changed to one of there no frills current accounts and I'm saving roughly £40 a month for doing so. The whole change bank account thing soured it for me. Although I still don't like the bank I use it's sometimes better the devil you know.

I just moved from Santander to Halifax because of a cash incentive - they gave me £100 plus a fiver a month - no other reason. The process was seamless, involved me in nothing more than filling out the online form and letting them do the rest. My DDs have been altered, my SOs transferred and my income diverted and the originator advised, all without any direct involvement from me. All complete in around a week.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom