Switching Through Denon 2805 or Loewe SL32 ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by MookieBoy, Mar 5, 2005.

Tags:
  1. MookieBoy

MookieBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I hope someone can help with a dilemma I'm having. I've just recently bought a Denon 2805 and a Loewe SL32 LCD TV. The question is, do I use the Loewe signal box for component switching, or the Denon? Are there any advantages in using one over the other? I am currently connecting all components through the Loewe signal box, but have found that switching between them is rather cumbersome. I think I have all the necessary cables to do it either way, including a JS Scart to Component converter for the Telewest Pace box and all the required component cables (no doubt my bank manager will be having words with me about those purchases!!) What's your view?

Thanks.

2. ozdvduser

ozdvduser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    At The Track or Melbourne Victoria Australia
    Ratings:
    +3
    Switch through the 2805, makes life so simple. As well, for any other connections that have only composite / S-Video the 2805 will up-convert and put the signal out via component.

3. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +898
    I doubt you will notice any picture difference between the 2 options and therefore it is simply a question of which is easiest.

Personaly I use my AVR2805 to switch between video sources (as after all I have to change it to switch sound source so it may as well all be done in 1 button press)