switching off your plasma

markbigears

Novice Member
Reading the "instruction manual" last night, a great read by the way, has no info on how i should leave the plasma after viewing....ie: switch it off on the front panel or leave it on standby, as i'm doing right now. Any ideas guys?

markbigears

Novice Member
hello? so you guys watch TV 27/7 and never turn em off?

Messiah

Can't believe leaving them in Stancby would damage them in any way. If it would why have a standby option. You must be very paranoid :)

squid

Standard Member
I leave mine in standby . I wouldhave thought it better that way as powering it upis not as mush of a shock to the electronic that way . just like lighting is allways best dimmed on and off that way the bulbs last longer

markbigears

Novice Member
squid, thats what i was thinking, cheers guys

E

Eagerbeaver

I've noticed that if I turn off at the power button at night, the following morning there is still a "ghost " of last nights image which stays for a minute or so after turning on again.

If I turn off into standby the image is not there in the morning.

Standby for me.

adesonic

Standard Member
I have had mine for over ayear now and always use standby (unless I am away for a few days) - no problems whatsoever

Supra

I've always left it on standby, unless going on hols or away for a long time. I do the same with all my equipment, same reason as squid.

ResB

Novice Member
Off here. Standby is a temporary setting and I believe is used for short period of time. :)

J

jmack

i turn my off incase dog/cat/misses presses the remote and leaves a channel with logo on by mistake.