switching off your plasma

markbigears

Established Member
Reaction score
Reading the "instruction manual" last night, a great read by the way, has no info on how i should leave the plasma after viewing....ie: switch it off on the front panel or leave it on standby, as i'm doing right now. Any ideas guys?

hello? so you guys watch TV 27/7 and never turn em off?

Mark,

I always turn mine off completely, not sure if leaving on standby will damage it though.

Can't believe leaving them in Stancby would damage them in any way. If it would why have a standby option. You must be very paranoid :)

I leave mine in standby . I wouldhave thought it better that way as powering it upis not as mush of a shock to the electronic that way . just like lighting is allways best dimmed on and off that way the bulbs last longer

squid, thats what i was thinking, cheers guys

I've noticed that if I turn off at the power button at night, the following morning there is still a "ghost " of last nights image which stays for a minute or so after turning on again.

If I turn off into standby the image is not there in the morning.

Standby for me.

I have had mine for over ayear now and always use standby (unless I am away for a few days) - no problems whatsoever

I've always left it on standby, unless going on hols or away for a long time. I do the same with all my equipment, same reason as squid.

Off here. Standby is a temporary setting and I believe is used for short period of time. :)

i turn my off incase dog/cat/misses presses the remote and leaves a channel with logo on by mistake.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom