Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

switching off sky to miss the signal

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by chilpillphil, Jan 13, 2004.

1. chilpillphil

chilpillphil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my skys turned off next month, if i unplug the box the day its ment to go off, will i miss the signal, turn my box on a couple of days later and still get the channels

someone said this will work.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    SKY smartcards rely on recieving authorisation signals on a regular basis they is why some people have found FTV cards need reactivating after they have been left unused for a while.
    I am pretty confident that SKY are aware that people might try to avoid the termination signal and receive something everyone else is paying for so probably take that into account.
    The signal is probably sent in a pre-determined pattern covering all parts of the day over a number of weeks/month and especially during popular programming, anything less would make having secure encryption rather pointless:)

Give it a go you have nothing to lose, except for your FTV viewing which might not be an issue since you have Freeview.

3. chilpillphil

chilpillphil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i thought that, on digital spy someone canceled sky, to go to uni, came home after ages, plugged in his box and claimed to be getting sky world for free, untill they swapped to new encription,

as you said you could cancel and keep it, ill give it a go, thanks