• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Switching inputs on speakers


Standard Member

I have one set of speakers and two input sources - speaker cables from a Sonos system and an amplifier. Is there a device whereby I can have one set of leads going into the speaker and switch the input? A bit like a speaker switcher but in reverse?



Active Member
I would expect a speaker switch to be just that. A manual version should work in either direction. I would expect to be a simple device that moves the contacts to move the current in a Y type setup, just choosing one arm at a time.


Distinguished Member
A lot of speaker switches have an A+B setting, which although OK with 2 sets of speakers would not be good with 2 amps and could lead to damage. Hence I would not recommend such a switch just in case the wrong configuration is selected causing damage to both amps.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom