1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

switching from skydigital to telewest digital

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by Joe Pineapples, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +838
    Contemplating changing from my skydigital package (£19.50 pm), to telewest digital bundle (£30 pm - phone line, 256k 'always-on' connection, 35 channels). it definetely makes sense from a financial point of view, taking into account my current dial-up ISP cost, and the number of channels i bother watching on sky. Two questions though about telewest digital broadcasts.....

1. Is everything that skydigital broadcast in widescreen, given the same treatment with cable?

2. Is there an equivalent 'press backup' workaround for cable broadcasts, to get rid of the red dot?.

cheers

Dean

2. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +838
    forgot one more question (just incase anyone can answer)

3. Is the picture quality about the same in general?

3. Seven3840

Seven3840

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi,

Not sure how helpful this is but you can remove the red dot on telewest by pressing the blue button. Not sure on wether the pq is better or worse as ive never had sky but telewest do broadcast alot of films in widescreen, not sure if they match all that sky do, but a sufficient amount are.

Cheers

Steve