• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Switching from Sky - do I still need an install?

ndenbow

Established Member
Just wondering, as I already have a quad LNB and 60cm dish for Sky+, do I still need to pay for an installation? Surely just picking up a box from a shop would be sufficient? I'm making an assumption that the FreeSat signal comes from the same dish alignment?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Broadz

Distinguished Member
You are correct. All you need to do is disconnect the Sky box, connect the Freesat box (to the same connectors) and away you go. The same satellite dish, and the same cables, are used by both.

ndenbow

Established Member
So I am perfectly able to go into a shop and just buy the thing, and they won't hassle me to schedule some sort of installation?

Thanks for the quick reply BTW.:thumbsup:

ndenbow

Established Member
Superb.

I just ordered from Comet. They have 150 Humax FOXSAT HD PVRs coming in next week, 90 of which are already on back order. Back orders take priority over store stock so I am guaranteed one. Being delivered 9th Feb (the wasn't the earliest but was most convenient).

Right, time to call Sky and tell them to ****** ***.

ndenbow

Established Member
My sky contract is about 8 years old so no problem with that. I'm not the type of person who takes out new contracts to get new stuff just for the sake of it.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom