• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Switching from orange to o2 for IPAd

Josh Bear

Dear All,

Had an iphone on O2 for years are was quite happy. When the ipad launched I decided to give orange a go as they have better 3g coverage. After initial setup problems, and poor customer service from orange I decided that perhaps that was a one off and stuck with them. However last night I discovered that emails I had been sending from the ipad, which looked like they had gone i.e. full bar and the wooshing sound combined with them showing up in my sent folder, actually never made it.

A quick search on the internet tells me that this is a big issue for a number of mobile orange users! Somthing to do with port 25 which you are supposed to use but actually emails using that port get blocked.

So I am switching my pad to O2. Does anyone know if I have to do anything special on the ipad or is it a case of just putting the o2 sim in and activating?

thanks

Josh

Josh Bear

Hi

In case anyone has the same question. The answer is you have to reset your network settings and that is that. iTunes downloads new carrier settings and you select you account type and you are away

Best regards

Josh

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom