Switching between tuners on TX-43HX700B android tv.

tlally

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi ,
I've just bought a Panasonic hx700 series android tv.
It has terrestrial and satellite tuners, all good.
However it is very cumbersome to switch between the terrestrial and satellite tuners e.g. to switch from a terrestrial channel to a satellite channel you need to go into the settings and switch from one tuner to the other.
This takes around 6 or 7 button presses.
Does anyone know of any shortcuts that can be created on the remote control (I can do this on a LG tv we have in another room) or on the home screen.
Maybe there an android app I can use to merge both feeds into one channel list?
I have searched for an app but there are so many available it is difficult to find which ones are useful so I'm hoping someone might be able to recommend one.

Thanks

One press of the 'TV' button on the remote switches between satellite and Freeview tuners on my GZ950 so I was going to suggest this in case you'd overlooked something obvious, but (after a quick google search) it looks like the HX700's remote doesn't have one ?

Thanks for the reply. No it doesn't have a 'TV' button. It does have a Sources button but that only diplays HDMI/USB/etc. I was hoping there might be a way to add the tuners here.

Thanks for the reply. No it doesn't have a 'TV' button. It does have a Sources button but that only diplays HDMI/USB/etc. I was hoping there might be a way to add the tuners here.

When it comes to TVs, 'sources' tend to be external and don't include any inbuilt tuners - at least that's my experience, but I've never owned an Android TV before.

On a non-Android Panasonic TV, apps can be 'pinned' to the home screen, but tuners tend to fall outside of the 'app' category. If, at any point, you're able to see an icon for each of your tuners, you could try investigating if there's an 'option' or 'edit' facility that would allow a shortcut to be made somewhere ?

When it comes to TVs, 'sources' tend to be external and don't include any inbuilt tuners - at least that's my experience, but I've never owned an Android TV before.

On a non-Android Panasonic TV, apps can be 'pinned' to the home screen, but tuners tend to fall outside of the 'app' category. If, at any point, you're able to see an icon for each of your tuners, you could try investigating if there's an 'option' or 'edit' facility that would allow a shortcut to be made somewhere ?
My first android also, think I've been though every menu option there is at least twice at this stage :).
The quest continues ....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom