Switching AV inputs using the remote on Humax HDR-1000S

warezxs

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm able to program the remote to work my tv which is great but I cannot find a way of using this remote to switch between the HDMI inputs. I've got a HTPC plugged in beside my Humax box and would like to be able to switch to it without having to use the TV remote. Please tell me this is possible
smile.png
It was with my sky remote. Has anyone got this working on any TV please? Have tried on both my Panasonic and LG, no joy.

Any advice appreciated :)

You must have the remote formerly supplied with the HB1000S, the original remote couldn't control a TV. I don't have this remote but the earlier remote controls had buttons for PVR TV DVD and AV control, these have a source button which does what you want. If not present on the remote you have, look for a Humax RM-F04 remote (it will control your freesat box).

Humax-RM-I08U-Freetime-HB-1000S-Remote.jpg

This is the remote I have received with my new HDR-1000S(2 weeks old, August 2014). It has buttons at the top for TV and STB but no AV button :(

Here is a closeup picture Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Is my only option to buy another remote that has the AV buttons or something like a harmony programmable remote?

Yes that's the remote that originally was supplied with the HB1000S, and has limited TV control functions. If it hasn't got a Source button then yes I guess you need a different remote.

This one has the capability to control up to 4 devices (via the white device select buttons)

GENUINE ORIGINAL and BRAND NEW HUMAX HD/HDR-FOX T2 REMOTE RM-F04 - In Stock | eBay

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Okay that makes sense. It does seems crazy that a brand new product's remote is missing this BASIC functionality :mad: Thanks for giving me an alternative. I may purchase that remote as the clicking noise from the current one is VERY irritating anyway:( I assume the one you've referenced does not have a clicking sound on it?

Okay that makes sense. It does seems crazy that a brand new product's remote is missing this BASIC functionality :mad: Thanks for giving me an alternative. I may purchase that remote as the clicking noise from the current one is VERY irritating anyway:( I assume the one you've referenced does not have a clicking sound on it?

No clicking sound. All the buttons aren't on the older remote but I am told all the freesat+ functions can be accessed on way or another. A low end Harmony remote may be the answer.

Would something like this do the job do you think?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Brilliant thanks mate, I think that's the one I'll go for :)

I don't recommend it!

It's very restricted in functionality.
A cheaper remote would be better.

It's very restricted in functionality.
A cheaper remote would be better.

It's less than £25.00, the OP wants to control a very limited number of devices. Namely two, his HDR1000S and his TV. How much more functionality does it need ?

The alternative Humax remote is about the same price.

It's actually the first time I've heard of the 350.
It's listed at £35 and I was thinking of the 300 so you could be right.

Last edited:
It's actually the first time I've heard of the 350.
It's listed at £35 and I was thinking of the 300 so you could be right.

Hopefully the OP will come back how well it works with the combination he has :)

Apparently it's much less restricted than the 300.

OP here, I've just ordered the 350 here for £25, I'll come back and let you know how I get on :)

OP here with an update as promised. I got the Harmon 350 and it works great with the Humax box. Setup was a breeze and I have it working exactly how I want and there is nothing I couldn't emulate from the original remote. I'd HIGHLY recommended it. I have it controlling my Humax Box + TV and HTPC perfectly. Compared to the original remote there's no more annoying clicking sounds either:clap:

nvl7kjluzezg9e3wib-2opki4apnsyf-gfpslpomzvs.jpg

Thanks for coming back. It could help other Humax box owners.

its really frustrating but I think I have finally worked it out. You basically need to program your humax remote to your tv. Download the humax freesat user guide. At the back there is a series of codes which relate to different makes of tv.
Mine is Sony and there are maybe 10 or 15 different codes. It also tells you in the user guide how to use a code to program the remote to your tv. It is trial and error to find the right/best code.
Once I programmed the humax remote, the home button takes me to av tv settings and then the up and down buttons let me switch av input. Easy when you know how!

Hi all,

I'm able to program the remote to work my tv which is great but I cannot find a way of using this remote to switch between the HDMI inputs. I've got a HTPC plugged in beside my Humax box and would like to be able to switch to it without having to use the TV remote. Please tell me this is possible
smile.png
It was with my sky remote. Has anyone got this working on any TV please? Have tried on both my Panasonic and LG, no joy.

Any advice appreciated :)
If you have the right code the pause button will change the av on that remote while in the tv function

If you have the right code the pause button will change the av on that remote while in the tv function
I have the right code but the pause button does precisely that - pauses the live programme. My Humax remote now does everything apart from allowing me to change the source. Any more ideas please, anyone?

Give us a clue as to what TV you’re trying to change the source on...brand/model?

I have the right code but the pause button does precisely that - pauses the live programme. My Humax remote now does everything apart from allowing me to change the source. Any more ideas please, anyone?
I have the same box as you, not found it possible to switch source on the TV in the 4 years I've had it, very poor of Humax really to omit such a much needed button, I have resigned myself to picking up the TV remote and changing channel with that now. I have a Panasonic TV.
Ps let me know if you do find the solution.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom