1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Switches Input By Itself

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by willberry, Jul 30, 2005.

1. willberry

willberry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have a problem with my AVR2805. When watching DVD's via the optical input, it occasionally switches to using the tuner (which I am not using and it does not even have an aerial connected) and all goes silent. It does not happen very often but is very annoying when it does.

Has anyone heard of this problem before, or better yet have a 'magic' solution?

2. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +754
    I would guess you have you have one of your digital inputs assigned to the Tuner input.
    Therefore, whenever whatever digital device it is connected to stops sending a digital signal, your amp will revert to the analogue input automatically and you'll hear the tuner.

Could be broken of course, but I'd check all your analogue and digital connections and the digital in assignments before declairing it such.

3. willberry

willberry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the suggestion, I will check it out.

4. willberry

willberry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Unfortunately, after checking I can find no problem and I am now leaning towards it maybe being broken. Just in case it is a heat issue I have moved it to the top shelf of the equipment rack (it was getting pretty warm). I will have to see how it goes.

5. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +754
    I might be stating the obvious now, but you aren't sitting on the remote control are you?
    Or maybe you have a programmable remote control that has a stray command within a macro that is switching your amplifier to the Tuner input.

Running out of ideas now...sorry.

6. willberry

willberry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Unfortunately no remote problem, I even pointed the remote straight at the rear of the sofa in case it was sending spurious signals.