Quantcast

switcher

doubledrat

Standard Member
hi
I'm looking for a IR controlled switch box. I want to switch 2 RGB scarts (tivo&dvd). The tricky thing is, I would like a box where I can also switch between 2 outputs (tv&projector)

does anyone know of such a device?

cheers

LFCRules

Novice Member
Hi Bob,

There are a few of these SCART switchers available. I used a BTech quintro+ which has the option of upto 4 scarts in, and 2 out, as I had the same issue as you in sending the signal to TV and Projector. It will send the output to both sources at the same time, so no need for output switching as such. It has a remote control also. Check out here for info on the Quintro+.

Cheers

Andy

M

Member 34135

LFCRules said:
Hi Bob,

There are a few of these SCART switchers available. I used a BTech quintro+ which has the option of upto 4 scarts in, and 2 out, as I had the same issue as you in sending the signal to TV and Projector. It will send the output to both sources at the same time, so no need for output switching as such. It has a remote control also. Check out here for info on the Quintro+.

Cheers
Andy
Just to clarify the Quintro+ will output RGB from both scarts, the + mod was the addition of RGB to the VCR out connector.

Andy.

doubledrat

Standard Member
hi
I can't tell from the website. does the remote have discrete ir codes? i.e. a specific button for input a, and specific button/ir code for on as opposed to off?

I need discrete ir codes to be able to make macros with pronto.

cheers