Switch Profile / Games on someone else’s switch?

p3eps

Last year, my in-laws bought a Switch for some of the fitness games.
They got my 5 year old daughter involved, and she became hooked. Since then, they’ve added games for her to their collection - Mario Kart, Mario Odyssey, Animal Crossing, Miitopia etc.

My daughter has been asking for a Switch for a while now. I never grudged buying one, but I thought she was maybe a bit young… and the in-laws liked having an incentive for her to visit! I’ve always hoped a new model was round the corner and I could get her that instead.

Anyway… she’s asked for a Switch for Christmas, and now she’s 6 1/2, I feel it’s probably a good time. With the fear of the new OLED model becoming as rare as an Xbox Series X, I pre-ordered a white one a few weeks ago and now have it in hand. I also have a case, memory card and screen protector.
I’d like to get it out of the box and setup to make sure it all works ok.
Before I do this - is there a way of getting her profile off the in-laws Switch?
Also - most of their games are downloads. Is there a way of shifting these over?

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
You can transfer her profile following this guide

The games will be a different matter, if they’ve been purchased using the primary account holders account then it will not be possible to transfer those games over to another user profile on a new Switch.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom