Switch from 32" SD to 42" - 47" LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by goducks, Aug 30, 2007.

Tags:
  1. goducks

goducks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been reading reviews/posts for a bit on this site and others and while there is loads of helpfull information I still find that I am undecided and a little confused.

We have a 32"(4:3) SD Toshiba in a room with plenty of natural light. For a SD TV the picture is great and from the couches (7-10ft away) some have asked if it is HD.

We want to upgrade to a widescreen HD set and I am pretty set on a 42" to 47" 1080p LCD. The primary uses would be to watch football (US ver.) and golf with some DVD watching thrown in.

When looking at the big box stores I notice a pretty significant difference between the 42" and 47" LCD's in terms of picture quality. It really jumps out when things are moving. Should I take heed of this and stick with a smaller set even though at 42" I am not gaining much screen height? Should I put much stock into how they look on display in these stores?

Price range is $2000(US) give or take and I am very open to suggestions.

Thanks for any advice.

2. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    Hi, welcome to the AV forums. :thumbsup:

We are a UK based site so unfortunately many recommendations may not be available on your side of the pond.

3. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499