Switch eShop and bargains thread.

Can you create the accounts on the switch itself or does it have to be on the website. Can't seem to find it online. I can only see one to create a Nintendo account.

For other regions I mean. I've already got a NNID.

I think you create a new account online and set it to Japan, then create a new user on the Switch and link that to the account.

Just read your can change the region on your main account to Japan and back again, not seen if that works OK when changing back.

I've created a Canadian login and JPN. I can get eshop credit for Canada from pcgamesupply so will take a look later at prices.

I thought you weren't interested in getting a switch Yet.:D

There other day when I logged onto somewhere on Nintendo.co.uk I could see all my old Wii U virtual console purchases tied to my new ID and it gave me hope they may work on the Switch when they're but now its seems to have moved.

I think you create a new account online and set it to Japan, then create a new user on the Switch and link that to the account.

So do I need another e-mail address?

Yeah, I had to use a different email address.

Ah I see, I might have to use a Google site for another e-mail address then

CDKeys seem to be selling digital codes for a little less... Zelda, Snipperclips and 1-2 Switch.
Switch

Thanks for that, I hadn't thought of checking there. I've just paid £15.95 for Snipperclips. I might get Zelda from there too if my disc copy doesn't turn up tomorrow.

Thanks for that, I hadn't thought of checking there. I've just paid £15.95 for Snipperclips. I might get Zelda from there too if my disc copy doesn't turn up tomorrow.
Don't forget the 5% off code as well.

I know I've read it somewhere but can't find it so I'm after a bit of advice..
I have an account on the Wii U from a good while back - that I bought the likes of Zelda:LTTP from.
Is that the account I can link to the Switch or is it a different account system now? If so, what would happen to credit on it?

I have an account on the Wii U from a good while back - that I bought the likes of Zelda:LTTP from.
Is that the account I can link to the Switch or is it a different account system now? If so, what would happen to credit on it?

I think you would need to create a new Nintendo Account, and link your old one to it. Then any existing funds on your old account can be merged.

When you first access the eShop on the Switch, you are given the chance to merge your funds from your Wii U account.
Don't forget the 5% off code as well.
Only good for your first 2 purchases: choose wisely!

Only good for your first 2 purchases: choose wisely!

Not sure on that, I've used them 7 times in the last 12 months and have used 5% off codes every time. I think it's just each individual code that can only be used twice, but if you want until the new code is released (every hour?) you can use that on your account too.

Not sure on that, I've used them 7 times in the last 12 months and have used 5% off codes every time. I think it's just each individual code that can only be used twice, but if you want until the new code is released (every hour?) you can use that on your account too.
Yeah, I've been using them for years, and I think it's something they've brought in recently. I can no longer get codes to work. This is what it says on their Facebook page now:

upload_2017-3-4_13-50-42.png

I see that message too, but I get a message above it saying "Please Note: This offer is applicable to account holders only. Code updates every few minutes, so make sure to use it right away. Also the code can be used 2 times per customer."
Nothing about how many codes can be used on an account.

I had trouble getting last nights to work and had to log in a couple of times, but it did work in the end. Unfortunately I don't need to buy anything at the moment so I can't try again.

Yep I've used cdkeys loads. As long as you're logged in the codes work. I've honestly used them around 15 -20 times in the last 12 months.
Me too. Used them just the other day for PSN credit. The codes don't work unless logged in though. That got me once, until I realised I wasn't logged in.

I've just tried CD Keys and have bought 1-2 Switch. Was £33.24 with the 5% code applied.

Ok, what's an easy way to create Jap account? I only have one main e-mail address which is already used but I guess another one must be used to create new account plus, I need to be able to access new e-mail to get the activation code that Nintendo give you :)

Ok, what's an easy way to create Jap account? I only have one main e-mail address which is already used but I guess another one must be used to create new account plus, I need to be able to access new e-mail to get the activation code that Nintendo give you :)
Get a new Gmail account, I think I've got the in the go now just to access the Google play store, I had to do it as I need region locked apps from the UK, Australia and new Zealand at the moment.

Get a new Gmail account, I think I've got the in the go now just to access the Google play store, I had to do it as I need region locked apps from the UK, Australia and new Zealand at the moment.

Yeh I've done that, created the account, went into eShop, clicked on Jap user then got into the Jap shop - trying to grab the 2 demos on there but can't see them anywhere on the UI - I must be doing something wrong!!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom