• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

swisstech 42" plasma at asda.....

MAW

Banned
Folks are paying £880 for panasonic now, and probably less for LG, I'd stick with a brand you've heard of. Historically, odd ball supermarket specials have not been good buys.

swift9

Standard Member
Folks are paying £880 for panasonic now, and probably less for LG, I'd stick with a brand you've heard of. Historically, odd ball supermarket specials have not been good buys.

Could you point a newbie in the direction of these please and also say whether they are any good.

MAW

Banned
I think it's Digital Direct. Just type the model number into google, it will spit some prices back at you. Try it with the PX60 and one of the LG model numbers. Either will for sure knock spots off the Swisstech. That will most likely be a re-badged Daewoo, Hyundai, or possibly what we can a SKD design, basically a box of cheapest bits banged together by bulgarians with hammers. That always ends in tears. And when the price difference is so small, it's worth paying for a name that knows how to do it right. Not a big LG fan, but hell, I'd rather have LG than any no name thing.

breadbun

Established Member
Digital Direct charge £70 delivery for the Panasonic.... which is outrageous.....

Its a lot, yes, but Richer Sounds offered to deliver mine for £65... seems like a pretty standard price. Picked mine up in the car in the end....!

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom