swisstec 42"hd plasma.....electric noise!!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by chris666, Dec 31, 2006.

1. chris666

chris666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just bought a swisstec 42"plasma and am getting a noise thats annoying me or maybe im just being fussy....its like i can hear a noise coming from it like electricity going into it, if you no what i mean...should i hear this even when i have the volume up??? am running it through a surge protector a very good one at that which is suppose to enhance picture quality and reduce noise interferrence...please help its driving me crazy....

2. scottyf

scottyf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    does the tone of the noise change when there is a brighter image on the screen

if so it is the power supply
    i have the sd version of that tv does the same thing wouldnt say i really notice it unless i have the tv volume on low

as for a swisstec plasma wouldnt touch another one with a barge pole
    onto my 4th set and this one is going back in the next few weeks as the screen has give up again(cant cope with a vivid colour for anymore than 15 seconds without it sending blue pixels all over the top quater of the screen

3. chris666

chris666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi thanx for the info..yes it does change when the picture changes but is very clear even when volume is up...think ill get my money back and go for the panasonic vierra in currys ive benn told its a very good buy and has some good right ups