Swirly sound on 42" PV500

MovieBoy75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I got a 42" PV500 from RGB Direct yesterday. Not only was the pedestal stand scratched but the screen makes a swirly weird sound from the front right handside. It has gone back to them to test and replace hopefully.
Spoke to Panasonic and they say it is a fault.

Anyone else had this problem or knows what it is??????

DVDCHILD

dvdchild said:
Hi Guys,

I got a 42" PV500 from RGB Direct yesterday. Not only was the pedestal stand scratched but the screen makes a swirly weird sound from the front right handside. It has gone back to them to test and replace hopefully.
Spoke to Panasonic and they say it is a fault.

Anyone else had this problem or knows what it is??????

DVDCHILD

Sorry to see you're having problems with your 42" PV500. I had mine delivered last Saturday without any faults on it at all. ( I guess I'm one of the lucky ones ) :) It's as quiet as an ant breaking wind :cool:

I'm sure it was just a faulty set. Good luck on your replacement as I think it's a very fine plasma indeed :smashin:

A few people in the forum have had the same prob with our beloved PV500 if you have a check.....was you watching an episode from Red Dwarf (swirly thing alert) lol...good luck with replacement :)

so what was the problem????? What have Panasonic engineers confirmed it is? as it was something i'm not prepared to live with.
Otherwise i could not fault the set as Batman Begins looked fantastic (all 2 mins i watched of it)

DVDCHILD

oh well never mind. RGB have got back to me and they can hear the sound and are sending out a replacement screen and stand. I have asked them to fully test it before sending it out so that i don't have to play tv tennis with them and me. Roll on Monday :thumbsup:

Thekop said:
I had mine delivered last Saturday without any faults on it at all. ( I guess I'm one of the lucky ones )

Thekop, probably a true enough statement but if you're spending that much money on a TV then it shouldn't be down to a lottery if you get a good TV or not.
(A dig at Pan, not you)

This and the whole screen burn issue is putting me off the 42PV500 and Plasmas in general.
Seems they require more care and attention than a new born baby!

Kevo said:
Thekop, probably a true enough statement but if you're spending that much money on a TV then it shouldn't be down to a lottery if you get a good TV or not.
(A dig at Pan, not you)

This and the whole screen burn issue is putting me off the 42PV500 and Plasmas in general.
Seems they require more care and attention than a new born baby!

I had the same concerns as you, like with all electronics ( infact with almost everything you buy - cars etc ! ) you'll get good and bad examples with any brand - Pioneer, LG or whatever. When it's right it's very right. Your consumer rights gives you peace of mind in the end. Their are many on here who've purchased the Panny and are as chuffed with it as I am. :)
I've not experienced screen burn or retention what so ever. Infact the PV500 has turned out to be much much better than i was hoping for. :thumbsup:

well lets hope mine is delivered with no faults otherwise i will be getting a full refund and looking elsewhere.

DVDCHILD

TV turned up yesterday and so far found no faults with it. Watched Devils Rejects (Unrated) and was really amazed at the picture.

DVDCHILD

That's great news :smashin: I've had mine a little over a week now and it's an absolute gem. It seems to be getting better and better and better. :thumbsup:
Hooking up my Denon DVD3910 in HDMI/720p mode is just staggering :eek:
Certainly one of the best purchases I've ever made :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom