• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Swing arm wall mount - How can I make / buy one?

dodgydaz

Still not got my hands on an ipad 2 but it is on order with Apple. In the meantime, I want to get a mount that I can attach to the wall next to my bed and basically put the ipad into without needing to remove it from the Switcheasy Canvas cover I have for it.

I have searched for two days on and off and have seen a few youtube vids where people have made their own. They look OK and I am all into home made stuff if it looks and does the part.

What I want is one with an extendable arm that will allow it to come out about 18 inches or so. As I said, I dont want to keep taking the ipad out of its case so ideally the mount part needs to be flexible enough to allow me to drop the device in without too much trouble.
The one below is basically what I am after but probably something with a better design to clip the ipad into.

YouTube - DIY iPad Wall Mount

Anyone come across anything like this or can you come up with something that I can make?

The arm itself is no problem. I can get what I want from Amazon for £20- £30 but its the mount itself that I am struggling to imagine.:confused:

tjhilder

I don't know if this is what you're after (although I think its supposed to fit an iPad without a case) I'm waiting for mine to arrive but unfortunately probably after I send my iPad back for a new one (mine came with dents in the bezel) but I'll let you know what I think of the mount when I get it. :)

He has a listing for iPad and iPad/iPad2 mounts so check his other listings.

Sent from my iPad 2 using AVForums

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom