1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swing arm mount questions

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by rich-t, Oct 20, 2005.

1. rich-t

rich-t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Thinking about wall mounting my Plasma, but the wall I need to put it on doesn't face the sofa, so I'm in need of a swing arm mount so that the plasma can be angled towards the sofa when in use and pushed flush against the wall when not.

I've found this model: BT8412 by Btech here: Link

[​IMG]

I've got a 43" Pioneer plasma weighing in at approx 31.5Kg.

Has anyone had any experience of these types of mount or can recommend any?
    I'm slightly concerned about the added stress on the stud wall while the plasma is pulled away.

Any help greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

2. tariqt

tariqt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using the very same bracket with a 50" pioneer plasma. It's a seriously heavy-duty piece of kit and comes with lots of spacers etc for getting it mounted true. Just make sure you mount it securely and you'll have no problems.

I fixed to brick so not sure about studded wall.

I used it so I could push the screen flush into a studded wall. The pioneer is ideal for this as it has a nice 15mm lip going all the way round.

3. rich-t

rich-t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

tariqt thanks for the reply. Do you have any pics of your bracket in operation? I'd love to see some.

Did you purchase and fit the bracket yourself, and if you don't mind me asking, where did you get it from and how much did it cost?

Also, I think, the wall I'm going into now isn't a stud wall, it's actually an external breeze block wall with wooden battons and plasterboard nailed to the battons. There is therefore an empty gap (not sure how deep) between the plasterboard and the breeze blocks - do you think this will be a problem?

As always, any help would be appreciated.

Regards, rich-t.

4. tariqt

tariqt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here you go rich-t,

Cost:
    I paid £245 for the bracket from chase AV . It's mounted it with 8 Rawl bolts. Fitting isn't difficult but it is heavy so you may need to get some help.

I'd say the battons are probably 2x1 so your looking at a gap of an inch between the board and blockwork.
    There are a couple of ways to get decent fixings: You could use some long sleeved anchor bolts like these or you could use a resin & stud system where you glue long studbolts into the block, leaving enough sticking through the board to get a nut on. have a look on the screwfix website for options on that. Find somewhere on the wall where you can drill a test hole to check the depth.

If you need anymore info give me a shout.

here are a few pics of mine:

Attached Files: