1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sweetspot/Xcard - shimmer problem

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by sniffer66, Feb 10, 2005.

1. sniffer66

sniffer66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,307
    Great onboard DVD PQ from the above however I'm having a few probs with my Sky+ feed.

As recommended I've upgraded to the Plugged In Van Damme cable and a Radeon 9600.

I've connected the analogue VGA out to my Panasonic TH42pw5 plasma (no dvi input)

I think I'm close to 1:1 pixel mapping at 856x480 - 50 hz. Still picture quality and most moving pictures are great.

The problem I'm getting is with intermitent shimmering on blocks of solid colour (usually backgrounds )and on some skin tones - solid whites are particularly bad. I'm using tomsmocomp mainly in Dscaler as it seems to produce the least shimmer. Grass on a football/rugby pitch is by far the worst - the shimmer turns large sections of the pitch into what I can only describe as "cartoon" grass !

Any suggestions as to what could be causing this ? An S-Video cable form Sky+ direct to the plasma doesnt produce the shimmer and neither did my old scart/component converter

If you have any suggestions as to settings/timings for Dscaler and Powerstrip for Sweetspot and my TH42PW5 plasma I'd be grateful. Google finds me nothing :(

Thanks

(I've also written to Plugged In but I'm hoping someone here can help)