1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sweetspot sync / slowdown issue with DTV source?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by probeski, Jul 28, 2004.

1. probeski

probeski
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I plan on getting a Sweetspot with the Xcard setup. I plan on watching foxtel digital tv (Australia) through the Sweetspot and using Dscaler etc. However I think i read somewhere (can't find thread now) the there is some degree of slowdown / sync issues when using this setup. From what i understand, such issues can be corrected for DVD playback with software; but i doubt it can with tv broadcasts. Can anyone share their thoughts about this and whether or not it is really noticeable? Can you let me know if such issues can be reduced at all with better hardware eg. CPU, Mobo, AGP speed etc? If so then please suggest some hardware recommendations.

2. David PluggedIn

David PluggedIn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Probeski
    I think the slowdown you are referring to is the general delay caused by all video processing solutions , either HTPC based, standalone or built in to projectors etc. That is that the time take to re-assemble the image can sometimes be noticable to some viewers. SweetSpot uses DScaler, which offers some control over how much processing is done on the image which can have an affect. Also, if you have an AV amplifier that has an audio delay then you can mask the effects very easily by setting that. The vast majority of users though find the benefits of high quality video processing mae the overall improvement worthwhile.

best regards

3. probeski

probeski
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, i just found info on amps with audio delay funtions. :thumbsup: