1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sweetspot, Dscaler and Powerstrip to Plasma

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Chris OH, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Chris OH

Chris OH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:

I use a Uvem HTPC (Hi Phil) to capture and scale Sky+ to an Hitachi plasma (42PD3000 Plasma TV).

I have tried various deinterlace settings within Dscaler and a variety of Powerstrip settings and I am settled on 1280 x 768 from Powerstrip and flit between auto detect, High motion (Greedy) (I think) and Toms for deinterlacing.

I have been trying for some time to sort out a configuration that i am happy with and for film and the like I don't have a big problem but with rugby I find the picture falls to pieces during rapid movement.

Is this something to do with the resolution or deinterlacing? Reading about 50 v 60Hz scanning I am wondering if I am setting up conflicts which manifest themselves in this way. ie Sweetspot captures RGB PAL 50Hz (I think) and then passes over to Dscaler which deinterlaces and presents a signal to Powerstrip which converts to a 60Hz signal which is sent via VGA to the tuner box of my plasma which does gawd knows what then to the display via a proprietary DVI connection.

Clearly from my post you can tell I am no expert but please, any suggestions no matter how technical are most welcome.