1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sweetspot/descaler one more time.

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by LTJ, Aug 13, 2004.

1. LTJ

LTJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello I fitted my newly accquired card yesterday evening. Like Kragorn's contributions earlier this year it wasn't plain sailing. I 'm still getting the "new hardware installed" evrey time the pc starts, is there a cure?

Okay impressions with the sweet spot. Whilst I'm awaiting the plugged in tv scart to rgb+sycn I'm using the basic sky box rgb(scart) out to a letropaks to s-video converter. The thing works but no matter how much fiddling I'm trying the picture does'nt look a good as the s-vieo signal being piped to the iScan-pro. I'm a tad disapointed as even with pixel mapping the results are so far not that good with s-video.
    Okay things may improve drastically when the scart RGB lead arrives tomorrow, but thats hardly the point I would have expected after all the hype the Sky box >rgb to s-video> sweetspot > to nvidia geforce 5600 . to projector to look a lot better than the sky box>rgb s-video> iscan pro > projector. Should this be the case? Are there some setting in d-scaler that I'm missing.

The overall PQ is blurry more so on the sky logo(I've tried the sharpness feature) Using my pc with dvd out via pixel mapping have been very impressive yet so far the sweet spot :laugh: has hit a sour-spot :(

LTJ

2. LTJ

LTJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay I'm responding to my post! The reason simply is this, I've gone back and perservered with the sweet spot. Something I'd over looked were some changes I'd made recently in the Nvidia video card settings- I'd basically upped the digital luminance levels . I went back in and adjusted to default and the tweaked the d-scaler. Now even though in s-video the PQ is looking fabulous far better than the iscan set up. The image just looks smoother and deeper, better contrast more able to hold black levels (panny PTAE100 LCD PJ)
    Damn it my son will want the PC back tomorrow (today). The scart RGB lead should arrive as well I can't wait. Such a punch up will ensue!

3. Alex Simon

Alex Simon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Phew :)
    Thanks for the update.
    I've a feeling that the default video settings are more suited to a Radeon card so if you have access to a DVD player with RGB-out, you may want to run an auto-calibration with DScaler and a test-disc.

Glad it's performing for you :)
    Regards
    Alex