1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sweetspot Capture Nightmare!!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by jtorry, Sep 28, 2004.

1. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I got my Sweetspot today and have it installed using the WDM Driver. I have an Xbox running in Pal 60 connected with a component lead. Now the image is great with DScaler but I dont want to try the capturing with that as it says it could damage you system. I have tried other apps to capture. these include IuVRC, ShowShifter and VirtualDub. All of these either crash or cannot achieve a clean solid picture. I have made sure the settings are set to pal60 and have also tried others. Now is there a solution to this as the picture is very good through Dscaler. Any help would be great. Thanks

2. Alex Simon

Alex Simon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I see (on the Pixel Magic forums) that this has been resolved by switching to PAL50 from the Xbox- have you found software that copes with PAL60 yet?

3. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am still unable to record in pal60. Dscaler works great in all modes but it warns not to use its recording mode as it may corrupt the hard drive.

4. Alex Simon

Alex Simon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm really surprised - we've got a few games companies using SweetSpot to create cover-mounted CDs. VirtualDub, IuVCR and VirtualVCR get mentioned a lot.
    Have you posted on the forums of the software companies - SweetSpot is fairly irrelevant - it's the software that needs to have the support.