1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sweetspot and dscaler

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by philipb, Jan 11, 2005.

1. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    The pluggedin-tv guys may be best placed to comment here, but any suggestions welcome.

I am using the latest release of dscaler with SDI capture cards. Is this the best one to use with these cards? The default settings seem to be way too high - brightness and contrast especially. Any suggestions for optimum settings? Earlier versions of dscaler seemed to be better out of the box, but this latest says it has sorted issues with SP2, hence why I installed it.

And where has the chroma filter gone? I need it and its no longer in the list of filters.

I have selected the PMS SDI card in the set up routine, assume this is right?

2. David PluggedIn

David PluggedIn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Phil

Didnt see this post - sorry. You should be able to get the chroma filter back by installing the experimental filter support. We still use 417p4 and this is still what we provide on the CD as there are some stability problems with the later versions on some machines. I would stick to 417p4 !

cheers

3. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    David

Thanks - yes have gone back to p4. The default contrast and brightness settings are higher on the latest version than on p4 - maybe optimised for NTSC. The defaults on p4 are close to the optimum on my set up.