Sweet spot is very small

Aggrajag

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos and it sounds phenomenal. It's pretty cheap setup in a small room, using Pioneer VSX 933 and 8 Wharfedale speakers.

I live alone so it's not often an issue, but the sweet spot is literally one place in the middle of my settee. If I have guests they lose some of the L/R intricacies. Is this curable?

(It is possible it's my fussiness because I want it to be 100% perfect to show it off.)

I bet most guest's won't understand 95% of what sounds good, what sounds great, so if they sit outside the sweet spot it will still be a lot better than they here on a day to day basis.

Having the extra space or more room to breath my help but if there is room restraint's that's probably not possible. Do you have a picture of your room layout and speaker setup, there maybe some points people can identify which may help further

I bet most guest's won't understand 95% of what sounds good, what sounds great, so if they sit outside the sweet spot it will still be a lot better than they here on a day to day basis.

Having the extra space or more room to breath my help but if there is room restraint's that's probably not possible. Do you have a picture of your room layout and speaker setup, there maybe some points people can identify which may help further
Thanks for this. I'll do some measuring and try to knock up a to-scale drawing.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom