Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

sweet spot arrived today,

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by MikeKay1976, Mar 3, 2005.

1. MikeKay1976

MikeKay1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,658
    just printing out manual now. hope its all nice & easy to get running with descaler :) expect me begging for help here if not! :smashin:

2. mdekkers

mdekkers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    and...? Waiting with baited breath!

3. MikeKay1976

MikeKay1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,658
    &...... my vga cable on my pc monitor wasnt a fully wired one, & didnt work with the plasma screen.

it looked very nice on my monitor tho with DVD's from an external source.

i am borrowing a fully wired ga cable from work today & will buy one at the weekend so i will be able to see what sky is like later today..

will post here when its all up & running. just need my denon amp to arrive from unbeatable now, for surround sound ETA early next week

4. MikeKay1976

MikeKay1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,658
    unbeatable are superb! they get my reccomendation!.

they just sent my my Denon amp without waiting for my cheque to clear (couldnt use debit card as wanted delivered to my work).

looks like i have more than my sweetspot card to sort out this weekend :)

5. dgc

dgc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Quick - cancel that cheque :devil:

6. MikeKay1976

MikeKay1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,658
    lol

well the Amp Denon 1705 is now hooked up with my speakers (Yamaha NSP100) & i have to say i am impressed with the sound, ok so they may not be the best, but for the money i am well chuffed, & show significant improbement over my old toshiba telly prologic surround.

the sweetspot improves sky loads, & DVD is crystal clear. I do have a mate asking me if i reccomend the sweetspot to him. i am not sure, for me it was a 100% worth while buy, as the TV's signal processing is terrrible (philips 37' pla hughes with no component video inputs).

cost so far (approx)

sweet spot £185
    Denon Amp £194
    speakers £80
    25 m of speaker wire (£50)
    2x optical leads £15
    2x svideo leads £30)
    1xcomponent video lead (??£20) not got yet

~£580

at moment am running through a noisy old athon 1700xp which i have ripped out of my arcade cab with Geforce 3ti500 & 768mb PC133 SDRAM

so i have not really fiddled with the settings in descaler much

however next month i plan to put £400 towards buying a proper PC for it, & i will be putting my XP2400+ (@2.1ghz) in it (& getting an althon FX for gaming) .

i hope then to be able to play around a bit.

however, no 1:1 pixel mapping for me, i cant get the phillips plasma to accept its native resolution, apparentl;y its a known problem than phillips screens dont like it.

any ideas for getting over that appreciated, & i will go a search on here now for reccomended descaler settings, however feel free to post your settins on here

cheers & thanks for all the advice on this & all other threads over the last 2 weeks

A very happy

Mike.

:clap: