Sweet Girl (Netflix) Movie Review & Comments

A generous 3/10 at that. Film by numbers except the person or persons behind it cannot add up.

Alas there are too many of these p*ss poor films

Trailer looked horrendous. Mamoa is never a leading man. Mostly because he can’t act, but also why can’t he smarten up and tidy the mess up on his face.

Watching it’s as I type this, 30mins in and it’s dire film…🤦🏽‍♂️

I watched this yesterday and agree with most of what Tom said.
It was a very poorly executed film that clearly didn't know what is was supposed to be. It had characters in it that were there for no reason and ultimately served no purpose.

The plot twist towards the end made absolutely no sense. Although at least it got a bit more exciting after that as before it was deeply, deeply dull.

It would have worked better without Mamoa and just Isabela Merced.

Just booted up Netflix and was about to press play…..ok will something else then :rotfl:

I watched last night, and it was ….fine. 6/10

I guessed the thematic twist at the first clue, the other twist re. the villain you don’t even have to guess in this sort of film.

I do agree with @Tom Davies that the Atmos/HDR added nothing at all noticeable to the presentation.

Was thinking of watching this later on....

I might just spend a couple of hours looking for navel lint or watch Cats/The Hottie and The Nottie/Movie 43/Glitter/Gigli/Showgirls/Battlefield Earth/Plan 9 from Outer Space instead.

So in another words, a standard Netflix movie...

Yup this was indeed very poor , even the ( oh we be very clever ) telegraphed twist did not save it from itself .

It did to little to be regarded as an action piece and way to little to be regarded as a thriller with a strong set of charecters filling the world .

Give this a miss , do yourself a favour and watch Road to Perdition instead , pacing, charecter interaction , storytelling , strong tier of villains . These new films only have to follow a few basic rules ...

Last edited:
its not going into the archives of movie making history for sure but a 3 rating is too harsh imo - it was OK as long as you went in with reasonable expectation levels - maybe a solid 5

I think we should all take a moment to think about the human shields that are Tom and Cas. If not for these guys we might accidentally watch some of this crap. Thank you..... #notallheroeswearcapes.

Almost afraid to say but I kinda sorta enjoyed this mess. The big twist was so dumb it had me grinning for the last 25 minutes of the movie. 5/10 for me.

I can’t comment as it would ruin the film for those who like me are running out of material to watch. 4.9 out of 10, I can’t bring myself to stretch to a 5.

Last edited:
Remember for the sake of balance we have to have about 10 Netflix shockers for every good one that they throw out.

This is just fulfilling the quota by the sounds of it.

I am so sick of this Netflix pap. I only watch a film on there now if I have read a review that gives it at least half a chance of being watchable. My other half wanted to watch this( I wonder why...) so was forced into it.
Utter utter drivel - it's not even a 3
I genuinely pity reviewers who have to sit through this crap - but am grateful! 😁

Higher or lower than a 3?

The better Bruce gives his opinion.....

This is a great new game Bob. If the reviewers keep their scores off their write-up for a week, in that time we can play a game of higher or lower in the thread until we stick on a score we think they've given :)

Good Game Good Game.

Watched it yesterday. It wasn’t great, but it was better than 3/10. I’ve decided to ignore Tom’s reviews in future.

Watched it yesterday. It wasn’t great, but it was better than 3/10. I’ve decided to ignore Tom’s reviews in future.

I mean, I kinda think Tom thought it wasn't great too, so that kinda makes me figure you guys agree... but for a number. Does that number really matter?

What it told me was that I should stay clear of this.

Unless I REALLY want to watch it to figure out whether or not I'd have given it a 4 or a 5. Which seems utterly pointless. Like really, definition of pointless.

I mean, I kinda think Tom thought it wasn't great too, so that kinda makes me figure you guys agree... but for a number. Does that number really matter?

What it told me was that I should stay clear of this.

Unless I REALLY want to watch it to figure out whether or not I'd have given it a 4 or a 5. Which seems utterly pointless. Like really, definition of pointless.

For Christ's sake Cas, have you not learned yet!

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE NUMBER!!!!

:D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom