Swapping Voda N96 for iPhone...comments?

J

johnselekta

Hi I'm an Apple Mac tech guy and have a long standing contract with Vodafone which I'm happy with, but an iPhone would be better for my needs than my new N96. I've only had my phone a few weeks and am happy with it, but my half sis wants to swap, as do I.

What are the potential problems I'll face? I'm looking to cancel my insurance - both phones are still under warranty, but will be opposite ends of the country.

So my questions before I make the swap...

(1) Whats the score with conecting a jailbroken iPhone to iTunes and pairing it up? Its not yet but will be..
(2) Will I have to reactivate it when I stick my Vodafone contract SIM in? Its O2 at the mo, locked.
(3) Can I still SIM lock the iPhone?
(4) Whats the best vs cheapest insurance I can get that covers fraudulent calls?

Thanks in advance guys.

(1) Whats the score with conecting a jailbroken iPhone to iTunes and pairing it up? Its not yet but will be..

None it will still function, sync and work!

(2) Will I have to reactivate it when I stick my Vodafone contract SIM in? Its O2 at the mo, locked.

No! if its jailbroken you will be fine it will not need re-activation.

(3) Can I still SIM lock the iPhone?

Not sure what you mean by this but the phone can be 'restored' via itunes at anytime in order to re-lock it to o2.

(4) Whats the best vs cheapest insurance I can get that covers fraudulent calls?

I dont know much about this but believe its a bit of a mind field at the moment.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom