Swapping Standard Box With + box?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by rsjonny, Feb 10, 2009.

1. rsjonny

rsjonny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya ...
    Just need a bit of advice..
    We have sky+hd in the main room only been installed for 4 months and a standard sky box with multiroom in the bedroom...the standard box which is 10 years old has now died ..been having starting problems for a while but now has completly died..
    Have changed the standard broken box over with the old Sky + box we use to have ..Its working fine as a standard box but won't show the premium sports and movie channels without phoning sky to match the card with the box..
    As i am only using one input and not the 2 inputs will sky let me use this box or make me pay 4 a sky + installation..
    Hope this makes some sence but just wanted some advice before phoning sky ...
    Many thanx Jon

2. Broadz

Broadz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,423
    Sky won't have a problem with connecting a Sky+ box to a single cable, so also won't have a problem with pairing your existing Sky card to any other box you want to pair it with. In fact, Sky won't even know that you only have three cables running from your dish instead of four unless you make a point of telling them.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  3. rsjonny

rsjonny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup:Many thanx Broadz...just phoned sky and I have all my channels now and it pauses and rewinds on the channels i'm watching...now how easy is it to fit another input...time to go searching.....
    Thanx Jon..

4. Dai O

Dai O
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The hardest part of running a new feed is getting to the shop and buying the bits, it's that easy

You will need 2 x F connectors and a length of coax to reach from dish to box.

If you already have 3 outputs from your dish (LNB) there will be a 4th point which you can connect to, the other end to your Sky+ box and job done

Good luck

Dai O