1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swapping Sony FQ75 for DX150 Help

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Spud205, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Spud205

Spud205

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Sony FQ75 with the infamous scrolling bar problems...the set was bought from John Lewis coming up in November 2 years ago.
    After a bit of hassle Sony are offering to replace my set with a new Sony KD-32DX150 as they think it is todays equal model to my FQ75.

As I bought my FQ75 for £1450, admittedly almost 2 years ago, and this KD-32DX150 can be bought for around £900 am I getting offered an equal TV ??

Appreciate any advice before I decide my next step.

Steve

2. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Looks like a good replacement..!

3. MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I have recently noticed the same problem, I think......10-15 cm bars moving left to right acros the screen - noticable on DVD and Sky connected to rear scart sockets.

Was your TV still under guarantee? How/who did you have to convince to swap it?

Any info gratefully received!

4. Spud205

Spud205

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The TV was bought from John Lewis with the 5 year warranty....but I never spoke to them I went straight onto Sony...telephone 08705 111999..ask to speak to an Adrain Pearman if possible. There is a circuit board fix that they will try first....if that fails hopefully they will then offer a replacement.

My Sony was almost 2 years old and they were initially unaware that I had the extra warranty with John Lewis but still they offered to swap for a new TV...which I thought was pretty good.

Hope that info helps....let me know how you get on.

Steve

5. andrewmellor

andrewmellor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi,
    I too had the FQ75 scrolling bars and had my set replaced with the FQ80 which I believe is the direct replacement for the FQ75.
    Not sure if the kd32 has MF-DRC but think it does have digital tuner,
    regards..Andrew

6. MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Have got a call open with SUK about my problem and just called them back to see why they didn't recognise it!

I described it as 'when using equipment connected to the rear Scart sockets, such as DVD or Sky STB I get 10-15 cm wide bars moving continuously across the screen from left to right. These are particularly noticable when the screen is very dark/black'

The response was that this didn't sound like the problem they know about and, in any case, it didn't affect my set (a 32DX100).

My questions are.....
    • Does this sound like the 'scrolling bars' problem widely discussed on this forum?
    • Is this model affected by the problem?

Many thanks,
    Richard

PS They have advised me to get a service engineer to call and give an estimate (£20+VAT). They will then look to see if they 'can help with the cost'

7. MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Well, the good news was that the engineers that visited me agreed that there was a problem and took the TV back to their workshop.

The bad news is that I had a phone call today from the workshop saying that, having talked to Sony, they feel that the set is working within its tolerance levels and that I should expect some 'artefacts' on a set like this!!! Hmmm, I wish someone had said that before I splashed out £1350 on it!

I'm now waiting for SUK to contact the workshop and then for a supervisor to call me. Oh dear, my brain is starting to hurt:( :(

8. MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Well, the TV was returned home, plugged in and, guess what, it seems to be working fine. Arghhhhh!:suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

The workshop claim to have done nothing and I can't see anything wrong anymore. Will be keeping a close eye on it for the next few months, though!

9. Dixie

Dixie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    spud. Pls read my reply in 'wots the best tv'

10. m3kop

m3kop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you get the KD32DX150 and would you recommend this, as we have problems with our panny and are change to the above.