Swapping Sky+ disk drives

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by cj, Apr 27, 2004.

1. cj

cj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    Is it possible to swap disk drives between 2 Sky+ boxes and take your recorded programs with the disk? They are both v1 boxes.

Thanks,

Colin

2. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    I don't see why not. A new HDD requires 'housekeeping' (formating & Skys' OS installing I understand), but if it's previously been installed in a + box I would have thought it could just be swapped. (Like with compatible HDD in a PC with Windows etc already installed) There's been some talk of 'a library' of HDD with archieved recordings, but I don't think anyones posted success in this area. I'd be interested to hear if your successful in the endevour. I've sacked my VCR partly because I was sick of tapes cluttering everywhere up, I don't want to swap them for HDD!

3. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You wil have a problem with the viewing card not matching the recordings. I'm not sure if that will prevent all play back, or whether it will only affect subscription channels. Let us know!

Dave