Swapping Sky Boxes

Nickw57

Standard Member
Hi,

I have an Old Sky Box and HD Box with Multiroom. I recently moved the old Sky Box and now it seems dead no lights on at all and I've checked the mains plug and internal fuse but no joy. Any ideas? I also have an old SKY+ plus box before I upgraded to Sky HD and I tried to swap over the SKY+ box for the dead Sky box. I can watch many channels but when I select the premium channels it tells me quite rightly I have the wrong viewing card for the box. Is there a way round this - will Sky provide a new programmed card or will I have to source a new standard Sky box? Any help will be appreciated.

Broadz

Get the card and box paired if you want to watch the premium channels (and record anything but FTA channels). And don't post Sky threads in this part of the forum.

Nickw57

Standard Member
Thanks for the info. Do Sky do this free of charge?

Where should this be posted as I do not use this site very often?

Broadz

In the Sky (or Sky HD) section. Not the section which specifically says "No Sky or Freesat related threads in here!".

Yes, Sky will pair the card and box for free. And they will also activate Sky+ functionality on your second card for free, if it has not already got it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom