Swapping numbers between phones

burnleypingu

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've just got a new phone and i was wondering whats the quickest way to transfer all my contacts from one phone to my new phone...

I'm guessing there is a way of transferring all the numbers via bluetooth or something like that

BP

Can't you put your new sim in your old phone and transfer them that way?

burnleypingu said:
I've just got a new phone and i was wondering whats the quickest way to transfer all my contacts from one phone to my new phone...

I'm guessing there is a way of transferring all the numbers via bluetooth or something like that

BP
It all depends on each's phones software. If the phones can transmit and receive all contacts in one go via bluetooth then great, but if you can only do it one at a time then not so good. The easiest way if you're on the same network is to copy all contacts to the sim card, swap sims and copy all back on to the new phone, but again it depends whether the software will allow this.

its a n80 to another n80 but the old one is orange and the other is three so i can't do it via the sim card method

Perhaps you can transfer numbers using the Nokia PC Suite that comes with the phone?

Other than that, I don't know!

The N73 has a Transfer option in the Tools menu, it searches for another phone and installs a data transfer app. to the phone you want to copy the info. from. This then allows you to sync the phones allowing transfer of contacts, calendar etc. from phone to phone.
I assume being S60v3 that the N80 should have this utility too. If it is not there then the PC Suite as mentioned will allow you to sync the same data.

Doesn't matter now. I've figured out how to do it

Menu > Tools > Transfer > Transfer Data > It'll ask you to switch bluetooth on on the other phone, then you pair it > It will then ask what data you want to transfer from the other phone, select what you want and then ok > That's it, it just sync's from the other phone

Voila, sorted :)

Thank you everyone anyway!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom