Swapping 55" QLED to 65" OLED

scOOtt84

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi.
I wanted to change my TV Samsung 55JS8500 QLED to 65" OLED TV.
I do not want to spend a lot of money on top models because I think the differences between middle option and top model it is not worth extra paying.
TV will be wallmounted in 20m2 room. Will be watching from 3-3.5 meters. Mainly Streaming APPs like: Netflix, HBO Go, Amazon Prime, YouTube and SAT TV. No gaming.
I am watching a lot of sports and movies.
I picked up three models:
Panasonic 65HZ1000
Sony 65A8
Sony 65A84J

Maybe you could help me choose the best option or propose something different which will be better than above mentioned.

Thank you in advance.

Both TV's have excellent picture, I've had the HX980 briefly. However 1 thing I would say is it's always better to buy a dedicated streamer such as Firestick 4K Max/Apple TV etc;

TV software's tend to get outdated and lack updates after a year or two when TV manufacturers move. I would go for the Sony because Android OS has a lot more apps than the Panasonic.

Sales just around the corner, best to wait for those if looking at a 2021 model. Otherwise buy a 2020 model at a discount now.

What prices do you have for these OLEDs locally?

A84J is a variant of the A80J you can find reviewed online, its a 2021 model so should be more expensive.

For Sony 65A80J - 1 778,96 USD
That's a new model, its only been out a few months. Check prices on 2020 stock to see if you can make a good saving going for an older model instead.

65a8 keeps popping up at £1500 various places great tv for the money

As far, here in Poland price around 1500$ is for an A8 model and they are hard to find, almost all out of stock. Regular price for A80J is 2 128,41 USD.
This promo price 1778 USD for A80J is lowest ever.

The price isn't bad, but it could also be lower. Probably worth waiting. Don't be fooled by RRP of TVs, its often 50% more than they are worth. No one is stupid enough to pay RRP.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom