1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Tosh XS34 for Panasonic EH60 What will i lose?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ABP, Sep 22, 2005.

1. ABP

ABP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I have a Toshiba XS34 DVD Recorder, it works well but I hate how long it takes to start up, how noisy it is and the wife and kids find it too complicated to operate.
    I intend to replace it with either the Panasonic EH50 or EH60D both of which i hope will be all that the XS34 isn't. ie quieter quicker and much more user friendly.
    I hope all of my assumptions are correct but i have the question that i understand the XS34 is special in its editing so what will i lose if i swap?

AB-P

2. jamba

jamba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just done the same . Swapped my Tosh RDXS34 for the Panny EH60D. My Panny arrived yesterday and I have just had a few hours to play with it. Obviously in terms of features there is a big drop. I liked the satellite control on the Tosh because I have sky. With the Panny EPG only works on the freeview channels and it does not have satellite control. I am wishing that I should have kept my Tosh and its vast array of features.

3. ABP

ABP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jamba. Iwill swap anytime you want...

Is the Panasonic easier to operate and is it quieter?

AB-P

4. jamba

jamba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes the Panasonic is a lot quieter and not as complicated as the Tosh. I prefer the Tosh remote however, I dont like the scroll wheel on the Panny remote however.
    Just played with the Panny again today and I am beginning to like it. I think it takes a bit of getting used to.