Swap one hard drive between two consoles?

iNspectorgadJet

I've been toying with the idea of buying an arcade version 360 from Sainsburys while they're so cheap so I can have one upstairs and one downstairs. The only thing is, I can't seem to find any info about whether or not I can simply unplug the hard drive from my Elite and plug it into the Arcade when I want to use it upstairs. So what's the verdict? If I have two consoles, can I swap one hard drive between the two and use my DLC and saves, etc.?

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
This is exactly what I do. Everything works perfectly :thumbsup: Swap the HD between the two, thus moving all savegames gamertags music etc.

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
It works fine mate, did it myself afew weeks ago as the boss couldnt get past abit on Tomb Raider so he just gave me his HDD, I connected it, signed into is gamertag, got past the bit he was stuck on then saved it and gave it back.

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
It works fine mate, did it myself afew weeks ago as the boss couldnt get past abit on Tomb Raider so he just gave me his HDD, I connected it, signed into is gamertag, got past the bit he was stuck on then saved it and gave it back.

lol ! Thats brilliant.....your boss is a dweeb !

iNspectorgadJet

Thanks guys! :) I guess it's settled then...I will be stopping in at Sainsburys on the way home from work to get a second Xbox.

p9ul

Distinguished Member
I do this too, only thing you need to look out for is DLC, if you start a download with the HDD on one console, you can't stop it and restart it on the other - it'll only download on the console you selected in the first place - can catch you out if you have arcade games to download automatically. Not usually a problem after you've downloaded it as they changed all the DRM stuff, but you can always download it again if you do have a problem, and it'll take a couple of seconds as the 360 justs re-writes the location of it on your system.

KTroopA

well it seems like my elite just died - just got RROD. i have just bought a preminum as luck wud have it. so my question is, can i swap the 120gb into the preminum and run that whilst i wait for the elite to be repaired. does it all work ok? also if i recover gamertag on this console, will it all be saved when i get my elite back?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom