Swap gear in and out of the vault using the Destiny app!

TheBiGW

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Thought this deserved its own thread. You can now manage gear between characters and the vault, even in game, using the Destiny app! Swapped gear appears as a drop in game. Here is the reddit thread

[SGA] You can now take and put items in the vault from the Destiny companion app! : DestinyTheGame

This is a big improvement! No more orbit -> tower -> vault -> character select -> tower -> vault -> orbit stuff... Simply swap gear with the app and you're done!

Edit - you can also split stacks of gear too! Split shards/energies etc and share them out :)

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Edit: just had a little play with the app, and it works a treat. This is a massive deal IMO, surprised they're not shouting it from the rooftops...

Last edited:
Edit - you can also split stacks of gear too! Split shards/energies etc and share them out :)

Now this bit I *do* quite like... as well as the equipment sharing also :)

Can you do it from the website as I cant get the ap on my phone?

Edit: Just tried and yes you can.

Going to save so much time!

Edit: Edit: doesnt appear that you can move stuff from the vault to a character though as far as I can see?? So still trips to the tower but no need to swap characters all the time to drop weapons off.

Someone realised this mid-CE raid tonight, and naturally we all called BS, and we're proven wrong. Good news!

Can you do it from the website as I cant get the ap on my phone?

Edit: Just tried and yes you can.

Going to save so much time!

Edit: Edit: doesnt appear that you can move stuff from the vault to a character though as far as I can see?? So still trips to the tower but no need to swap characters all the time to drop weapons off.
No you can equip them, at least you can from the website, not tried from the app yet.

No you can equip them, at least you can from the website, not tried from the app yet.

Yeah, just found it - had to refresh the page as it wasnt showing.

Awesome news.

You can.

This is bloody brilliant. Considering scraping my 2nd and 3rd icebreakers now. Hadn't started leveling them yet and now there's just no point.

Well played Bungie.

Yup! I'm very glad I never kept a duplicate weapon now - this will save a huge amount of time. Even better for those 'oh I left that weapon on my other character' moments.

Mobile Vaults Available
If you can read these words, you’re one click away from the Destiny Companion. When you’re on the go, Bungie.net and the Destiny Mobile Application work together to keep you connected to your stable of Guardians, to your trusted allies, and to us.

Today, we’ve updated both versions (Web and Mobile) with a new feature we’ve been excited to share with you: Mobile Vault management.
To learn more about how your Companion is growing to better serve your needs, I talked to Engineering Lead Chris Gossett. His team is always working on new features to enhance your online gaming experience.

move_to_vault.jpg

Hey, Chris! What’s the goal of this new wonderful new toy you’ve given us to play with?
Chris
: One of the primary goals for the Destiny Companion is to help you prepare for battle. If you use your Vault to share items between multiple characters, we felt that this is a must-have feature to get you ready to play.
Here are a few scenarios in which we think you’ll find this handy:
  • You and your buddies are finally all online at the same time about to tackle the Nightfall. That one player in your Fireteam realizes there’s a Thermal Burn this week, and wants to retrieve their Ice Breaker from another character. No more waiting… tell him to grab a nearby browser.
  • You’re on the bus and want to manage gear between a couple characters. Use the app to move stuff around and jump right into the action as soon as you get home.
  • Oops, you’re halfway through the Daily Story Mission and realize you need that Fusion Rifle with Void. No worries, it’s just a couple clicks away.
  • You’re standing in front of Xûr and you’re two coins short. Your Hunter just completed the Weekly Heroic Strike and he has the extra coinage you need. Tap, Tap, Purchase.
  • You just unlocked that upgrade node and need just one more Shard… you get the idea.
Where did you get the idea? You didn’t steal it from the community, did you?
Chris
: We read a lot of reviews and feedback. Allowing transfer of gear to/from your vault has been one of the most requested features. Plus, as players of the game, we’re pretty excited about vaulting from the Companion.

moveMaterialmobile.gif
moveWeaponmobile.gif

Can you give us a tutorial for how it works?
Chris
: On www.bungie.net, Android phone, or iOS device, go to an item in your inventory and bring up the item detail screen. There are two options available (Equip and Move to Vault). Remember, Equip from Companion works only when you’re not playing Destiny in a combat space. With Vault transfer, there is no such restriction. You can interact with your vault whenever or wherever - even in combat. Hit Move to Vault to transfer an item to your vault. Conversely, when viewing an item in your Vault there’s a button that says Take from Vault. Doing so will move the item to the character currently in focus on the app. If you’re transferring an item that has a quantity (like materials) you’ll get a prompt that asks “How many?” If you just need a couple, there’s no need to take the whole stack. Just get what you need.
We’re used to viewing the Vault from the Tower Map. Is this what we’re looking for?

tower_map.jpg

Chris: Nope. Interacting with the Vault there doesn’t provide item management. It’s simply a list of what’s currently in your Vault. We’ll alleviate that confusion in a future release. To manage items, use the Vault tab and screen in accessed via the Legend.

web.gif

Thanks, Chris!
While Vaults just got easier to use, we know that there’s still a lot of chatter out there about how your Vaults can still grow and improve in the future. We hear you, and we’ll talk soon about other ways in which we can continue to update and improve the Destiny experience.
In the meantime, we hope you enjoy the newest round of upgrades.

Anyone actually tried it out yet. How quickly does stuff "appear" in the relevant toons inventory, is it instant or take some time. It says you cant do it in a combat situation, does that mean you can only do it from orbit or can you do it while patrolling, or while not being shot at in a mission?

Anyone actually tried it out yet. How quickly does stuff "appear" in the relevant toons inventory, is it instant or take some time. It says you cant do it in a combat situation, does that mean you can only do it from orbit or can you do it while patrolling, or while not being shot at in a mission?
It is instant and anywhere. You hear the same noise you do when you pull something from the vault...even in the field and hey-presto, item in inventory.

It works a charm and is very fast.

Quick bit of advice and it may seem simple but if the app isn't working for you make sure you have the latest verison:smashin:.

This is an awesome feature - being that I am fairly new to this game (not been grinding it since day one) I only have a select few decent weapons which I am now leveling up - and I started a second character so, like everyone else, I can double up on raids, coins etc (may consider a 3rd character eventually) so this is ssooo much better - can quickly swap weapons around and doesn't mean i need to try to double up on my fav guns - give u a chance to try out other guns i suppose...

Pity it doesn't allow you to share your 100's of coins and shards with us poor folk LOL

My Hunter is 31 - waiting for 36 light helmet and a bunch of shards to level up to max & my titan I have just started is level 29 and I think just need Gauntlets?? then to upgrade them all to raid armour.

This is an awesome feature - being that I am fairly new to this game (not been grinding it since day one) I only have a select few decent weapons which I am now leveling up - and I started a second character so, like everyone else, I can double up on raids, coins etc (may consider a 3rd character eventually) so this is ssooo much better - can quickly swap weapons around and doesn't mean i need to try to double up on my fav guns - give u a chance to try out other guns i suppose...

Pity it doesn't allow you to share your 100's of coins and shards with us poor folk LOL

My Hunter is 31 - waiting for 36 light helmet and a bunch of shards to level up to max & my titan I have just started is level 29 and I think just need Gauntlets?? then to upgrade them all to raid armour.

Xur has a 36 light level helmet for sale today, it's not great TBH it's probably the weakest Exotic available for a Hunter but if you want to get to 32 ASAP that's an option as the Crota Raid helmet is the least likely Raid armour to be dropped.

Yeah good point, he is also selling exotic helmet engrams I think so might be worth a dabble if you got loads of motes going spare. :smashin:

You obviously have the chance of getting a helmet for another class then though.

I'll have a look when I get home - I got the exotic gauntlets for my Hunter - Don't touch me - which I think are the best ones - so may hold out for the Raid Helmet drop - been lucky so far - wanted Fatebringer and got that on second attempt, wanted Icebreaker and Zur had it for sale 2 days later, wanted a decent scout rifle and got a Nitc with firefly and high Caliber rounds which would only be better with explosive rounds I think.

Need to do the weekly to get the coins first though.

If you've got the motes/strange dough I'd go for it, its good to have a range of exotcis for different situations or sub classes.

Plus its easier to get a raid gauntlets drop than a helmet as they only drop at crota, whereas gloves drop quite frequently at the lamps and bridge.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom