Swap BT Yahoo email to Yahoo?

Discussion in 'BT Broadband' started by xWAKEYx, Jan 12, 2012.

1. xWAKEYx

xWAKEYx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +134
    My wifes email account @btinternet.com was set up with BT Yahoo a few years ago when they were our ISP, but SKY are now our ISP and phone etc.

Ive always been with hotmail

Unbelievably she is being charged £1.50 a month to still have here BT Yahoo Premium mail at £1.50 (wonder if this could be downgraded to a standard account?), BT say they have to pay Yahoo costs that were hidden when we were with them. She's not keen on changing to another email account and avoid the costs, and having to inform loads of people about the change of email etc.

I was just wondering is there and easy way to open another and switch email accounts and inform and keep all of the contacts, or could I just even contact Yahoo and ask them to take of the BT bit, and switch her over. I've looked on the yahoo site and cant see a way of contacting to ask, but I'll have another look.

Any ideas anyone? thanks

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  2. xWAKEYx

xWAKEYx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +134
    bump, anyone?

3. Foster

Foster
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,471
    I've just had a look myself see if I can find anything for you and nothing so I would say best contacting BT or Yahoo

4. peebly

peebly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Interesting

I dont get charged for my email accound with BT, have check too.

What broadband package do you have ?, I am on option 3.

5. xWAKEYx

xWAKEYx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +134
    iv left BT and everythings with sky now, ISP, telephone line and line rental. hence why my wife is being charged £1.50 a month for her Premier BT Yahoo email account. just trying to find out if I can downgrade the account to avoid the stupid charge and change it to yahoo or open another account for her like hotmail. can't seem to find how to contract Yahoo ATM though.

6. peebly

peebly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I never read your first post properly dang, sorry I thought BT where starting to charging BB customers for something they can get for free else where.

7. Foster

Foster
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,471
    I don't think you can change the account other than get rid of it. because obv the email is btinternet.com

8. wormvortex

wormvortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +408
    Good luck contacting yahoo lol. I gave up last time when I needed to get it touch with them.

9. mhorton

mhorton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    When I worked at the help desk as a Team Manager, they used to have another package call Basic mail which was free, you only had access to your email via webmail so no pop etc. You also couldn't have sub accounts. So if she has sub accounts, and accesses her email via Outlook etc then she will need to be on Premium mail.

Sometimes what happens when someone cancel's their broadband connection the email address will move to a narrowband PAYG account which still gives you access to your email via webmail and POP but when the account is dialled up to once in 90 days then it can be ceased. Which is something you can not stop. It's a system which checks all inactive accounts. You can be lucky this might not happen for years. I remember one customer had been using a PAYG account for 3 years after their BB account was closed then all of a sudden it was creased.

You can't migrate BT Yahoo accounts to Yahoo either, the domains are different which are provided completely on a different Yahoo mail platform.