Swann 8580 4k Hard disk drive upgrade

Nando10

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I have a Swann 8580 4k camera system with a 2TB Hard disk drive.
I would like to upgrade to bigger hard drive a 6TB. Could anyone please advise on one that I could do a straight swap.
The one it has in is a Toshiba DT01ABA200v.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you

Google it...if you look at WD or Seagate Sata surveillance upgrades.

I upgraded my Swann NVR8-7400 2TB to 6TB by adding a Seagate 4TB, simply plugged into the back of the Swann NVR box (or DVR)..

Google it...if you look at WD or Seagate Sata surveillance upgrades.

I upgraded my Swann NVR8-7400 2TB to 6TB by adding a Seagate 4TB, simply plugged into the back of the Swann NVR box (or DVR)..
I have Googled it but there is nothing on my Swann DVR and don't really want to order something that won't work and the Question is on upgrading the hard drive not adding one.
Thanks.

If you are not getting the info you need from this forum, try the Swann Forum, as always, do a search first before posting a question.

Ok thanksđź‘Ť
Hi Nando,
Were you able to upgrade to more than 6TB? I have a NVR8-8580 and I was told by cust support that I can use one of these two options (but one is greater than 6TB so its confusing):

The WD purple maxes out at 6TB but the Seagate starts at 8TB and goes to 20TB. Not sure if that will work. Do you know where the 6TB limitation comes from?

thanks!

Hi Nando,
Were you able to upgrade to more than 6TB? I have a NVR8-8580 and I was told by cust support that I can use one of these two options (but one is greater than 6TB so its confusing):

The WD purple maxes out at 6TB but the Seagate starts at 8TB and goes to 20TB. Not sure if that will work. Do you know where the 6TB limitation comes from?

thanks!
I updated mine with the western digital purple 6TB 3.5 inch data. It was plug and play, simple and still working with no problems.

I put a Seagate 12tb in my NVR8-8580 and it wouldn't format the drive. So I cloned the 2tb to the 12tb and repartitioned. It read the drive no problem and even had the old footage available. It displays the drive as 12TB. Currently testing it to see if it actually cycles the footage properly.

And pffft. Still cycles data as a 2tb drive. Will attempt to format drive first as a 12gb in various layouts ex1/ntfs/whatever.. Will report back later. Might just have to drop down to a smaller drive.

Bloody Hell, figured it out. The format HDD is only available through direct connection (plug a monitor and mouse into the unit) - it is NOT available through the web client. 12tb seems to be working fine.

Bloody Hell, figured it out. The format HDD is only available through direct connection (plug a monitor and mouse into the unit) - it is NOT available through the web client. 12tb seems to be working fine.
Is it using all the 12tb for recording? Or does it stop at 6tb? Was 12tb plug n play n format?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom