SW updates on arcam site

H

Hifi addict

most users of this forum know that all arcam software updates are located on the aslgroup website.

guess this question is to andy and/or john:
wouldn't it be a good suggestion to put all sw updates on the Arcam website.

the aslgroup is not always up to date and anyway, those are all official arcam sw updates.....

just a thought to increase servicelevels even more :thumbsup:

Arcam want you to go through your dealer preferably and also stopped sending update discs to customers directly some time ago. There was a thread and JD reply about this. I don't recall many of us being very happy.

JP.

we'll everybody can download now and ASL is putting it on their website, so why don't make this a little more official and put updates on the arcam website. I know many other brands do this.

I will make visits to my local dealer anyway but don't want to uninstall etc etc every time a new update is available.

New owners, new set of rules ??

Hifi addict said:
most users of this forum know that all arcam software updates are located on the aslgroup website.

I've just spent a good hour with Google and trying every link on the ASL website I can find. I could find nothing but PDFs to download. So just for fun, humour me, where are they?

Says me who has just flash upgraded his AV8 to V3.0 supplied through a dealer.

Cheers,

Bob.

Go to the link that says: Our DV79 page. find the DV79 in the list, then move further down there should be another box at the bottom of that section with software updates.

Only thing is, isn't the new version 5.13? The one there is 5.8 I think.

Yep! I've just updated my DV29 to 5.13
I do have a link to the site that I do check and AFAIK the only software they currently have is 5.8

Mark.

I called Arcam up a couple of days ago and they mailed me the the latest software version along with installation instructions. Couldnt have been easier. My DV79 now has software version 5.17 installed.

Thumbs up for customer service.

I just made another trip to my local dealer regarding software updates for my avr300. Again I was referred to the audiophile website which has not been updated. I got a strange message at the start of the version 3.08 update. I noticed that I do not have PLIIX, not as a result of the current update. Version 2.76 updated to PLIIX, but Audiophile did not post that update from what I can tell from their site. Does anyone know if the updates include that the changes from the previous update plus the new changes. For example, would the 2.78 include the 2.76 plus whatever else was new in the 2.78?

kmbum said:
I just made another trip to my local dealer regarding software updates for my avr300. Again I was referred to the audiophile website which has not been updated. I got a strange message at the start of the version 3.08 update. I noticed that I do not have PLIIX, not as a result of the current update. Version 2.76 updated to PLIIX, but Audiophile did not post that update from what I can tell from their site. Does anyone know if the updates include that the changes from the previous update plus the new changes. For example, would the 2.78 include the 2.76 plus whatever else was new in the 2.78?

First of all, none of the updates "added" PLIIx. The AVR300 has had it all along, including 2.76. My AVR300 started at 2.76 and PLIIx worked just fine then.

Secondly, updates are not incremental. If you apply 3.08 over 2.76 you have everything. No need to apply interim versions first (that would be a wste of time). However, if you have 2.76, you also need to update to the DSP 1.12 software first. If you didn't do that it could explain why PLIIx isn't working.

Note that applying DSP software updates changes all your settings back to factory defaults, so you should write down your settings to make them easier to restore after the updates.

HTH...

Dean

I've done the DSP along with the way. Using 1.12 right now. I have reset settings each time that I have updated. My unit was shipped with version 2.67 so I have needed each and every update.

kmbum said:
I've done the DSP along with the way. Using 1.12 right now. I have reset settings each time that I have updated. My unit was shipped with version 2.67 so I have needed each and every update.

When you do an update, if there are versions between what you have and the latest, you can safely ignore them. You only ever have to apply one update at any given time: whatever is the latest.

Since you did the DSP 1.12 update there's no reason PLIIx shouldn't work as long as you have a 6 or 7 speaker setup. If you only have 5.1, PLIIx isn't an option since it doesn't apply to 5 channel setups.

Dean

rags said:
I called Arcam up a couple of days ago and they mailed me the the latest software version along with installation instructions. Couldnt have been easier. My DV79 now has software version 5.17 installed.

Thumbs up for customer service.

5.17 ?? Did you by any chance receive any releasenotes for that, would be interesting to see changes from 5.13..

Regards,
Ola

Yup 5.17. No release notes came with it unfortunately. It was sent to me on disc.

dwette,
I do have a 5.1 setup, hence no IIX. I hooked up an extra speaker and have IIX in the 6.1 setup. Thanks for your help.

kmbum said:
dwette,
I do have a 5.1 setup, hence no IIX. I hooked up an extra speaker and have IIX in the 6.1 setup. Thanks for your help.

Glad that worked out for you.

BTW: the AVR300 is awesome with a 7.1 setup. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom