SW update?

DustySox

Hi,

Woke up this morning to find both my HD boxes had been switched off in the night. Dispite, auto standby being disabled on both.

Has there been an update, if so what were the changes?

My EPG vers is 5.02.fHD.

System vers 1.32AOB

Any thoughts?

colham

Mine was on Standby, and when I started it was on 998. Not checked the software version myself.

Wonder what this fixes or gives us?

WATTS

Mine was on Standby, and when I started it was on 998. Not checked the software version myself.

Wonder what this fixes or gives us?

Hopefully if it is an update it fixes:

Failed future recordings (using series link) that havn't even aired.
Failed future recordings (using the R button) that havn't even been aired.
Recordings that dont play after they have recorded.
DD sound drop outs.
HD box automatically switching off (not related to enery saving).

Maybe its a little much to ask for all these issues to be sorted all at once eh? :rotfl:

DustySox

Hopefully if it is an update it fixes:

Failed future recordings (using series link) that havn't even aired.
Failed future recordings (using the R button) that havn't even been aired.
Recordings that dont play after they have recorded.
DD sound drop outs.
HD box automatically switching off (not related to enery saving).

Maybe its a little much to ask for all these issues to be sorted all at once eh? :rotfl:

And...then your alarm clock went off!!!!

cochese

i don't know if they did do anything but when i looked at my HD box this morning it was completely dead, no sign of life or even a standby light.

tvdavid

I got the up date even though I un pluged the box last night.

The box woke me up around 4 AM when the fans started and the HD clicks.

Sunshinewelly

Distinguished Member
mine also on standby and refused to come back on, had to unplug from wall.

glad in a way thought my new drive was playing up again

tvdavid

So there was no up date last night.

I hope they do one soon to make the box more stable.

There seem to be quite a few bubs that need sorting out.

Some times when changing channels mine says no satellite signal but when you go back to the channel it comes on.

Sunshinewelly

Distinguished Member
since coming home from work the box will not work - keeps on saying no signal.

tried everything but no joy.

mannyo

Came home and mine wouldnt come out of standby, I turned it on and got a blue screen and then the box locked up, and had to turn off/on the power to the box to get it working again. Oddly, this afternoons scheduled recordings all recorded fine.

mickbirch2000

Well my box was on channel 998 this morning & I have convinced myself that the HD picture on the footy tonight is even better than before, also during the 100mins that I watched I DIDNT GET ONE SOUND DROP OUT not even
a miniscule one, that has to be a 1st for full DD surround, I am used to getting several dropouts in a match which are normally very noticeable with the constant crowd noise.
Could Sky have fixed that annoying problem
Mick

Ailegs

Nope, no drop outs in SD but recently especially at Wembley there were loads.

CaffeineJunkie

So if no update...

Why did the boxes revert to standby?

Mine was on channel 998 this morning also.

Well my box was on channel 998 this morning & I have convinced myself that the HD picture on the footy tonight is even better than before

We know that the software on these boxes isn't perfect so with over 200,000 customers, statisticaly some of them are going to reboot overnight.

chips

Mine went onto standby yesterday morning as well. I got up, switched on the TV, program came on for about 10 seconds then my HD box re-booted. I don't think it was long enough for an update though.

Sunshinewelly

Distinguished Member
my box is now buggered. it switches on , stays on for about 10 seconds then knocks off. when its switched back on i get a message saying no signal being received or alternatively the screen is black with just the audio outputting.

thats with the original drive back in as well

magoo1

my box is now buggered. it switches on , stays on for about 10 seconds then knocks off. when its switched back on i get a message saying no signal being received or alternatively the screen is black with just the audio outputting.

thats with the original drive back in as well

Given that you've discounted the drive as a cause of the problem you should now turn to the other major cause of issues with the sky box - the software!
Try doing a forced download which will then eliminate the possibility of corrupted software. Put the box into standby then pull out the power cable. Hold down the "Back up" button ON THE BOX and keep holding it down while you replace the power cable. Release the button when the four lights flash-you should then see a black screen with a downloading message. When that goes off and the box reverts to standby the download will be complete. If that doesn't fix it THEN call sky!!

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for May 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung's 110-inch Micro LED TV on pre-order at Harrods
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bang & Olufsen introduces Beosound Emerge speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony launches native 4K VPL-VW290ES and VW890ES projectors