SW Bug?

Miron said:
Believe me he knows what he's saying here. Here in Austria they subtitle them :D (and in Germany they subtitle both :D :D )
I have many languages to fight with anyway :confused: , that's why I gave up long time ago :)

Back to the thread,
Daniel, I am somewhat confused with this one. Do you mean bypass collapses after some time, or processing collapses when fed over SPDIF with DTS96/24.

I guess it is latter. In that case it seems very strange. One stupid idea for testing: Have you tried to switch T2L off? It seems DP looses something of incoming data or can not lock correctly. It can also be that one of the converters drops off but that's unlikely, why only in 5.0? Does it collaps on all channels or only on some of them?
It sounds more like some failure than like SW bug to me.

I guess Steve is the only one who might give you better answer here anyway, so let's wait for him.

Hi Miron

:D you're fighting with subtitles :smashin:

My AV32R has no bypass - it's from DVD32R or Denon DVD2200 pure digital to the AV32R. I had the same idea, with T2L, i switched it off, but with no success. You misunderstand someting - not only in 5.0 - i explain it:

Problems happens only with DVD-A's, with DVD-V's it's perfect.
Problem happens with DTS and DTS96/24 decoding.

First i thought the failure happens only in on 5.1 system but it also happens in an 5.0 system, but less often.

The "Blue Man Group" Complex DVD-A with DTS96/24 works perfect if the AV32R is setup as 5.0 system. If it's setup as 5.1 the failure happens.

The REM DVD-A produced the failure on both ways.

To reproduce the error, simply put the DVD in and press play - and wait.
Blue Man Group DVD-A - Track 3
REM DVD-A - Track 2

If the failure happens you can toggle surround modes or inputs - then it works again for a few minutes.

Regards
Daniel

I see. Really strange.

In short lines, Steve, Hilfeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hi all

i tested it now with most of my DVD-A's i own and it looks like that i first used these 2 DVD's with an, i suppose, authoring problem on it :suicide: . All others are playing as expected. What i don't understand is this thing on the Blue Man Group DVD-A which works in an 5.0 setup and not if the system is setup as 5.1.

Anyway - thanks for your help :thumbsup: i will replace these faulty DVD now and test it again with the replacement.

Regards
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I also testet now all of my DVD-A and I've got the same problem as you with my R.E.M (Best off) but only with track 2 and once I switch between DTS and DD and back to DTS it works fine. So it is really strange. Next week I gona have a test with another AV Processor. Hopefully that one will have the same problems!

Best regards
Joachim

:suicide:

DanielB said:
Hi all

i tested it now with most of my DVD-A's i own and it looks like that i first used these 2 DVD's with an, i suppose, authoring problem on it :suicide: . All others are playing as expected. What i don't understand is this thing on the Blue Man Group DVD-A which works in an 5.0 setup and not if the system is setup as 5.1.

Anyway - thanks for your help :thumbsup: i will replace these faulty DVD now and test it again with the replacement.

Regards
Daniel

Has anyone checked that their units are to the latest mod level for DTS 96/24???? Helpdesk should have the answers...... I'd start with that before pulling your hair out... :lesson:

GrahamMG said:
Has anyone checked that their units are to the latest mod level for DTS 96/24???? Helpdesk should have the answers...... I'd start with that before pulling your hair out... :lesson:
Hi Graham

YES, i did. The helpdesk is working on it. Btw, i got the replacement "Blue Man Group" DVD-A, identical behaviour as the original - sound corrupts at track 3.

Regards
Daniel

Ah so your the one buying DVD-A's then........ I suppose someone was going to eventually :D
Let us know what the helpdesk say.......

Hi Guys,

Back to the original problem in hand. The Analog Devices DTS library for the 21161 is a bit "jobs-worth" (as in it sticks strictly to the spec and anything out the spec can have some dire consequences). On the TAG implementation I have implemented various workarounds for some discs and players but it is feasible that there is a situation that it doesn't cover.

To help diagnose the problem area try the following:

1. Does it happen when configured as a 5.1 system (ie no back channels?)

2. Does it happen when a 7.1 system is configured all as Full Range speakers.

3. Does system recover when audio is corrupting if digital audio lead is disconnected for about 1 second and then re-inserted?

4. Does changing processing mode recover the situation?

5. Is your unit an upgraded unit or a new one?

DTS96/24 decode is dependant on having all the latest DSP card mods, the guys at IAG can only inform you on the build state of your unit.

I have the same problem. Sound corrupts after some minutes of playing DTS sountracks in DVD-V. In my case it hapens either in 5.1 or 7.1. It can be solved by selecting another input (for instance CD) and then back to DVD.
(I have a DP with v4.31 and DVD is a Sony S335)

Hi Steve,

Stevesky said:
1. Does it happen when configured as a 5.1 system (ie no back channels?)
Yes

Stevesky said:
2. Does it happen when a 7.1 system is configured all as Full Range speakers.
I don't no - my system is only 5.1

Stevesky said:
3. Does system recover when audio is corrupting if digital audio lead is disconnected for about 1 second and then re-inserted?
I don't no, the "faulty" DVD-A's are on the way to Hartmut B.

Stevesky said:
4. Does changing processing mode recover the situation?
Yes, toggle the input or processing mode recovers the sound, but only for a few minutes.

Stevesky said:
5. Is your unit an upgraded unit or a new one?
Upgrade.

Stevesky said:
DTS96/24 decode is dependant on having all the latest DSP card mods, the guys at IAG can only inform you on the build state of your unit.
Helpdesk is still working on it.

Regards
Daniel

DanielB said:
Helpdesk is still working on it.

...Helpdesk is still working on it. No answer from helpdesk until now! :thumbsdow

what helpdesk, we do not know anything about any helpdesk anymore :D ?

They only have to look up the records for your serial number to tell if it had the latest board mods for 24/96 DTS...... It can't be that difficult, can it? Or if it became known that many boards don't have the mod are they afriad floodgates will open for warrenty repairs........ Mine has a 24/96 logo on it so if they don't play I would want it put right now.......Sale of goods act and all that...... Your being very patient Daniel.....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom