1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVS versus Axiom

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by laalves, Aug 5, 2005.

1. laalves

laalves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Talking with Ron@SVS, he said that for my room size, room configuration and listening level preferences, a PB12-Plus/2 is what what I should get from SVS and be happy everafter.

But, browsing about the net, I also found out about the Axiom EP500, which for a lower price (considering VAT and importing stuff on the SVS) is supposed to be in the same league.

Has anyone here tried them both? Because I actually can't try any, since they aren't available at local retailers and don't know anyone who might have one.

I have auditioned RELs, MKs, BWs in more or less the same price bracket, but the SVS and Axiom offerings are supposed to blow all of them away.

What are your feelings and advice?

Luis

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I have just had a quick look at their website and the Axiom sub looks quite interesting but I don't know of anyone here in the UK that has one

3. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,142
  4. laalves

laalves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks for the link. Interesting, the testing they refer to seems to deduce that the EP500 is actually in the same league as single driver PB10 in SPL terms.... which means that the PB12-Plus/2 would completely sonically dwarf the EP500.

Mmmmm.... if I only could hear them...

Luis

5. juniper

juniper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    In his opinion, Craig Chase (who has of course a little knowledge on the subject :) ) says the following:

"...A single UFW-10 will definitely get left behind in the SPL game by Hsu and SVS subs in the same class."

That would be his answer at least :smashin:

6. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    But the UFW10 is an Onix model. :confused: In pure SPL terms it probably does lose out to the SVS and HSU models but they're very well finished indeed.

Perhaps more relevantly, the UFW12 should be arriving very soon and I expect it to be very good indeed. :)