SVS Sub Upgrgade?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Griffith400, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Griffith400

Griffith400

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Thinking of upgrading the low end grunt in my current setup as the pair of Yammy YST-SW120 subs are running out of puff in their old age and I need some extra slam.

Considering the SVS range but not sure if the PB10 will suffice? The PB12-Plus would be even better but not sure if it warrants the extra spend. Room approx 16' x 15'.

Anyone offer any advice or opinion? Live in Scotland so getting a demo is gonna be difficult.

2. MADMAND

MADMAND
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Either a Bk Monolltih or SVS PB10 will be enough for your room. The Monolith will give more slam and is the superior of the two plus Bk offer a variety of finishes for the same price as the PB10.

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Forum member Ilkka recently conducted a series of exhaustive tests on this sub and the results here show that this is quite a remarkable sub for the money.

If that isn't enough for you the well respected "Secrets of Home Theater" reviewed the PB-10 here

I have a 12" SVS but bought the PB-10 when it first came out as I was surprised at the claims made in Ed Mullen's review and wanted to see for myself if a sub at this price point could really perform like he said - It did :)

4. Griffith400

Griffith400

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Thanks for your help folks.

Bought the PB10-ISD as recommended and I'm mega pleased with it. Put it this way, when playing the opening sequence in 'Revenge of the Sith', the bloody windows vibrate!

Awesome. Well worth the purchase and thanks to AVForums for the special rate on the unit too.

Well chuffed!

5. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Madmand what are you basing your clainms on? Have you heard both subs and tested them yourself? Also remember that 2 subs can sound very different in 2 different rooms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.