SVS STA-800D2 plate amp HELP V Dayton Audio SPA 250DSP

dave_s

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a SVS plate amp ( PB3000 amp) to power my self build sub ( Peerless 10" XLS and 2 passive radiators ) but cant for the life of me get any output from the amp. Powers on and Blutooth module responds to the App but only noise I can raise is mains Buzz when I disconnect LFE supply ( very loud from the sub, which suggests to me that there is potential output there somewhere!) Bought from these fine forums, from reputable seller, so not likely to be faulty when received. Anyone got experience of these amps? I made up a connection for driver output whic appears to be Bi wired ( or bridged) output from on board 4 way header - all pics I have seen look like +ve +ve -ve -ve from board which I wired to driver + and - . Again, the fact that it does make the mains loop buzz would appear to prove me right here. There is a separate two pin header at the other end of the board which gives a 110V output when on - assume that is for an 'on' LED on some other model using this amp, and not some sort of muting switch ( really clutching at straws here!). Any experience with this amp appreciated.
Next question, how does the Dayton plate amp rack up - this may be the alternative if I cant get the SVS amp to behave.
Any comments appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom