SVS Speakers!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by eviljohn2, Oct 29, 2005.

1. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
  2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    coo, more mass produced chinese factory speakers to hit the market :)

heh

well if they are as good as the SVS subs that people rave on about on the forum, it may mean more options to buy them over here will open up instead of one dealer who is still waiting for CE clearance......lol

(and im being both sarky and meaningful there, if a quality product does become more available then its good news......but i cant resist being cheeky about the fact atm you need to either find someone who will let you in their home to demo one or just order it and pray you like it...lol)

3. Audiofilenoob

Audiofilenoob
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They look aweful. The tweeter looks like its possibly a contender for the best $5 treble unit.

Admittedly as long they make some sort of sound $1000 for a 7.1 setup isn't bad at all. By the time they arrive over here its probably £900.

I don't really have much faith in SVS after seeing the rubbishing tactics they used when a few folks from the UK and the Netherlands tested their subs and found out the manufacturer specs were inflated.

4. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only time will tell whether they are any good, and tbh looks are sometimes not the most important factor as the quality of sound is more important !

A prime example is M&K and they are some of the best speakers on the market for Home Cinema.

5. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    omg, a manufacturer diddled the specs? wow, how can such a thing happen.....
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

6. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    i actually like the look of most of M&K's speakers....lol....they have a nice serious studio look about them, makes you feel confident they will do what it says on the tin.....(ie go loud and proud with some quality mixed in...lol)

the SVS ones do look a little plain tho, but i wouldnt mind if they deliver the quality they seem to be insinuating................go on, someone buy some....heh...lets find out :devil:

7. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I'm hoping that they do exactly what they say on the tin. A decent set of monitor speakers at that price combined with a Sonic-T amp or similar would make a phenomenal cheap system for the desktop or a small stereo elsewhere. Perhaps combined with a PC as source or wireless streaming. :)

8. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    they look like theyre designed for a dedicated theater room but they don't look like they'll be good enough for that :confused:

time will tell!

congrats on the 5 thou EJ2 :D

9. Audiofilenoob

Audiofilenoob
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hardly an offensive act you say?

I'd agree but its the rubbishing tactics that CEO took to disprove the tests. Its funny because non of the other manufacturers who's subs were tested went to the same lengths.

Even the owners of the particular SVS subwoofers that were tested ended up being ridiculed and alienated. Not the way to run a company IMO.

It almost seems as if they try to control what's said about their products. Anyone who states an opinion otherwise usually gets jumped on or its everything else but the sub ie. room, user incompetance, positioning etc.

10. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    So youve never heard them but there crap and you havent got much faith in them because of what was said in the subwoofer tests.
    Well from what i read svs did pretty well performance wise so why wouldnt their speakers be of the same strain. jeff is very pleased with his pc-ultra and so are 95% of other svs owners i would imagine the speakers will sound excellent at the given price range.